Who's pregnant and when are you due - 2012

G

Haha, it's reeeally not. The inability to sleep through the night without getting up, the inability to have cocktails (and dear sweet space pope, nothing makes me want to drink like being pregnant), and just the feeling of being house-sized and waddling. The first time I hadn't been sure I could even become pregnant, so I was super excited and happy, plus it was novel then. This time it's like... am I done yet? No? How much longer again? :p

But then you finish and it's like, omg, we haz baby!!! and it's amazing, so hey, sucking it up for another month.

Scarlett, I love it! I love names with a touch of romance. My two year old is named Gwendolyn.

Last edited by a moderator:

emmy

Afficionado
Yes it's so nice to have a drink and once you can't have it you want it even more.
Food-wise I miss sushi the most, that's for sure!

I had to be induced a week late last time and I was so miserable. I'm hoping that doesn't happen this time.

Gwendolyn is so pretty!

G

Inductions suck. Pitocin is so ouch. I know it's good and useful and all, but oh my god. I was ten days late, they did an amniotic fluid check and it was dangerously low, so no choice but to induce. 19 hours later, with absolutely no progress whatsoever on dilation, we decided to call it and do the C-section. The induction was such a miserable experience, this time I'm just scheduling a repeat section.
As it turned out, the umbilical cord was too short for her head to put pressure on my cervix. I am a BIG believer in every woman having whatever sort of birth she wants; for myself I wanted a natural birth, no IV, as few interventions as possible. But, even though it's cliche, the important thing really was getting a healthy baby.

I hope your induction went more to plan! And yeah, with four kids under nine and one of them an infant, holy moly you are going to be busy. I hope you have lots of help and even more patience!

emmy

Afficionado
Thanks Wind! We weren't planning on using it until now. It really has special meaning to us as my husband was his grandmother's first grandchild and they had a great relationship.

I hear ya Toki, I didn't want to induce and didn't want the pitocin, but my circumstances were out of my control so I didn't have much choice on then getting the pain meds then either as a result of being induced. It wasn't bad though, probably 14 hours total. However the week after I had her I got mastitis so bad I was in the hospital for 5 days and very ill. That by far was the hardest part of it all...not seeing her and being sick for seemingly no good reason. I'm grateful for the powerful antibiotics we have nowadays!

Besides my husband my biggest helper is my oldest daughter. She helps play with the toddler and does all sorts of small things like running sippy cups and diapers around for me that really help when you add them up. She's a lifesaver!