Wheat-free recipes --- or paleo, etc.

Push ups during commercials, That is a great idea!

I dug out the wii (It told me I hadn't been on it in 869 days!) and I was going to show my 4 year old how to hula hoop on it for fun, I thought I could finally get a partner. Well, she couldn't get the hang of it right away and she is a pretty sore looser. LOL

And on that note, I need to figure out some stuff to get her into. I want her to be more active than I was, or am even... so I guess I have to get on it! Good example and all that jazz...

Hubby is doing the challenge with me but he is doing the normal push-ups.

I am eating a lot of meat so I think my iron and protein is pretty high. I am eating a lot of eggs, meats, salads with a mix of veggies. I occasionally have gluten free oatmeal about once a week with blueberries, cinnamon, and a bit of honey.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I made an awesome cheesecake today. Sugar/Grain free. Fresh whipped cream and strawberries (It's my birthday) I just wanted to share. I can't believe how good it is! No one would ever know the difference!!

e.taylor

The Black Orlov
well done! sugar free/grain free cheesecake is my favorite treat! I make it two ways, but my favorite is with a spiced walnut crust.

jcent

BTD Crown Jewel
Please post your crust recipes!! I just use ground flaxseeds and butter, but would live to try something new. SF/GF cheesecake is a fav of mine too!!

e.taylor

The Black Orlov
I'll dig out my recipe for you. It's just coarsely ground walnuts, butter, vanilla, cinnamon and stevia. I'll fine the proportions and post. I use pecans at times-especially if I'm making a pumpkin cheesecake.

GingerKaBluey said:
I am happy to report that I am down about 12lbs as of this morning!!
Yay! However, I am losing my hair a lot more then normal. I have read this is normal for weight loss for women but it is still kind irksome when there is so much hair coming out when brushing/taking a shower. I have a ton of thick hair so I am not worried about going bald but still. Anyone else know anything about this?

I am doing a summer challenge where you do 100 push-ups in one week, but they can be modified push-ups. I am doing them at an incline so that I can actually do them, as my arm strength is still not great yet. I am doing 20 a day so far. The other challenge is to walk, job, run, bike, etc 100 miles in one month. So any walking counts. Anyone want to join these challenges??
I know this is late to the thread, but so many people have hair loss issues with diet that I thought it was worth a mention. If you Google this, you'll see the B vitamin biotin mentioned a lot. Since I started taking biotin, my eyelashes which are pretty much non existent grew in, my nails got stronger and my allow growing hair is again creeping down my back. Might be worth looking into. I'm also stepping up exercising and dragging my reluctant family along with me. Any external support would be welcomed!

e.taylor said:
I'll dig out my recipe for you. It's just coarsely ground walnuts, butter, vanilla, cinnamon and stevia. I'll fine the proportions and post. I use pecans at times-especially if I'm making a pumpkin cheesecake.
Did you find the recipe? The Cheesecake Factory has a delicious one, but having it regularly is way out of pocketbook range.