what's for supper tonight?

Since we're going away for 10 days tomorrow and my fridge is empty, I think it's pizza tonight or pb&j.

Last edited by a moderator:
pinkrose7673 said:
Well I mix blue cheese crumbles into the ground beef or ground turkey depending on they day, add my speacial seasonings and then grill. These cheese melts keeps it moist and adds great flavor..if you like blue cheese
wow, thanks I think dh will love them.

MsT

The Pink Orchid
I made a hamburger casserole last night, so DH will have that for dinner. I'm having a turkey sandwich with stuffing, bread that just came out of the oven, cranberries and mayo (pregnancy craving is mayo this week), leftover homemade spicy Mac and Cheese, and rice pudding.

Tomorrow, we are doing filet and shrimp on the grill. Yum!

For my blue cheese burgers, I make the patty then drill a little hole from side to center. Stuff in the cheese, close the hole, and grill. We use Kobe beef, so the result is amazing.

When we don't want to spend the money for Kobe, I throw a child size container of applesauce and a handful of breadcrumbs into regular meat before making the burgers (plus seasoning and salt). It makes them SO juicy!!!

deb

The Imperial Diamond
Awwwww MissD you are just a Southern girl at heart!!!! You need to come and have dinner at my house. I can make you some fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, cole slaw, mac and cheese, green beans from the garden, corn bread, all the good fattening things!!

DarlingMomof3

The Millenium Star
German Chicken for us tonight.....chicken breast baked in a creamy chicken sauce with onions and mushrooms served over rice or egg noodles, salad and green beans....one of my favorites.

Everything sounds so yummy! I wish DH liked blue cheese!

cspoti

Connoisseur
I just ate dinner and you all are making me soo hungry!

I have to try the bluecheese burgers...I like cheese!!

Tonight I fixed watercress/ginger soup and rice...dh and dd are sick

I also made sweet rice and corn pudding with coconut milk for dessert.

Gypsy

The Centenary Diamond
Going over to Deb's house! Thanks, Deb!

All my favorite things! I could stand to gain about 15 pounds back! All that good home made food! I'm pretty certain nobody at my job would eat it, they eat salads. Even the guys!

Oh well! More for us! Only a scant few others would eat it too.

maryl

Connoisseur
Mmmmm... fried chicken! Now I have a craving. LOL I'm terrible at keeping to my diet!

MsT's Kobe beef blue cheese burgers sound amazing!!!

deb

The Imperial Diamond
Just come on over! I never have learned to cook for just a few so there are always leftovers. If you guys came over, no leftovers!! I can make you some southern cooking! How about pork chops? Or country style steak with gravy? Biscuits anyone?

Gypsy

The Centenary Diamond
OMG!! Yummy! Steak with gravy and biscuits!

Pork chops work too! I should really start eating better, that may be the problem.

I am having a desperate craving for biscuits and gravy now! I think tonight is bibim-bap.. Korean rice with veggies and an egg all mixed up with spicy sauce! It's the stuff you get in a stone pot in restaurants. Tasty!! *smack lips*

cspoti

Connoisseur
LemurGirl - I love bibim-bap, I also like to throw in some kim chee. Shot now I want some picked radishes and cucumber.

tonight its chicken gumbo with sausage...can't decide if I want to throw in some rice.

I go to this place called Dream Dinner's and make meal "kits" once a month and then just defrost what I want for the week for DH and I. It's great and the meals are delicious.

Everything sounds wonderful.
I'm hungry just reading it! And how I wish you guys would just come over and cook for me.

I also made sweet rice and corn pudding with coconut milk for dessert.
Okay, I must know what this is and how you make it! Sounds yummy!