what's for supper tonight?

Hi,
thought this would be fun to hear what everyone's having for dinner tonight. I'm making a fresh Tomato lasagna, you layer oven ready lasgna noodles with fresh sliced tomatos, fresh basil and garlic, a layer of ricotta/parmesan cheese filling, more tomatoes, ricotta, topped with mozzarella cheese. I snuck in a bit more moz cheese in the layers as well.
First time making it so I'll post the recipe if it turns out well.

I'm coming over...what time will it be ready?
Since DH is outta town (AGAIN) I am going out and eat real food for a change ~ instead of SOUP SOUP SOUP which is what I've eaten since surgery!!

Last edited by a moderator:

maryl

Connoisseur
I think dinner tonight is lean cuisine...

But, I made a yummy Chinese Beef with tomatoes dish last night
Had leftovers for lunch today.

newbielady said:
I'm coming over...what time will it be ready?
Since DH is outta town (AGAIN) I am going out and eat real food for a change ~ instead of SOUP SOUP SOUP which is what I've eaten since surgery!!
around 6pm, I'll set a plate for you!

I think ya'll are REALLY fixin chicken fried steak, mashed taters and gravy, cornbread and naner puddin' and just PRETENDING to make us think you're so healthy!!!!!

deb

The Imperial Diamond
Geeesss, everyone is cooking such nice things. Makes me feel bad!! We'll be having whatever anyone can find that they want to eat because right after work we have to go to BOTH school for the kids. I really have to start cooking again...........

MMMMMMM fried chicken and mashed taters is awesome!!!!

I realize that my dinner tonight isn't really healthy, but we're having fried chicken livers, onions, and french fries. SO BAD. BUT SO GOOD (if you like liver). I'm compensating with salad for a lunch.

Gypsy

The Centenary Diamond
Jenny said:
Yum! Sounds good!
I'm doing teriaki chicken with rice and vegies.
I'm eating over at Jenny's. I LOVE teriyake chicken with rice and veggies!

Don't you all love how I just invite myself? It's either that or make my usual frozen dinner on Thursday nights!

Ask me tomorrow. Friday nights is boneless fried chicken from the Chinese restaurant.

Gypsy

The Centenary Diamond
newbielady said:
I think ya'll are REALLY fixin chicken fried steak, mashed taters and gravy, cornbread and naner puddin' and just PRETENDING to make us think you're so healthy!!!!!
Mashed potatoes and gravy!!! Sounds like a plan!! I also love cornbread.

Trust me, Noobs, funny short story. When I first started working here, I left a candy bar in the fridge. My co-worker left a bag of carrots in the fridge. Somebody ate half of them. I told her, "I trust I can leave this candy bar over night and it will be here the next day. Nobody will touch it because they all eat healthy."

I was right! I am the only one who prefers chicken, pasta and potatoes to salads!

Well I mix blue cheese crumbles into the ground beef or ground turkey depending on they day, add my speacial seasonings and then grill. These cheese melts keeps it moist and adds great flavor..if you like blue cheese