What would you do?

Well, I have been on quite the hiatus...

I have decided that although I LOVE the big flashes from the step cuts, I love the sparkle and glitter of the rounds!

I have a current setting that would get me by for now until funding is available for a custom ring. It holds an 9mm stone, is there much a difference between 8.5mm and 9mm?

Which version should I use? What are your feelings on the V6's versus the V5's??

Thanks in advance ladies!

DarlingMomof3

The Millenium Star
The V6's have a bit more sparkle, but I'd never turn down a V5

Get the size you want and don't worry about the version.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have both versions. The V6 is Princess 2ct and the V5 is 1.5 ct round. I am a Princess girl by heart -- but as lovely as BOTH versions are, I am partial to the V6.

But like DarlingMom said... I'd never turn down a V5

Good luck!!

kermitpom said:
It holds an 9mm stone, is there much a difference between 8.5mm and 9mm?
I have both sizes, I'll try to snap you a photo tomorrow. I don't think going up .5mm will make much difference.

Aww thanks tricksi! I would appreciate it!!

I guess I am just concerned whether or not the 8.5mm stone will be ok in the setting for a 9mm stone. If not, well then I will just HAVE to get a different setting then! lol!

I am ordering a setting for my ering and would love the same advice. The plan was to order a 9mm Asha H&A before I realized it was a V5. The setting I am ordering is a halo so I don't think going down to the 2.5 V6 Asha H&A would be a problem. Please give me your honest opinion, is the difference between the V5 and V6 big enough to go down to the 2.5? I considered the 9mm V6 OEC but it is an I and the stones on the setting are F/G and thought that may be too great of a color difference. I have yet to see any Asha IRL and trust your opinion Thank you.

Well it can work. My mount originally held a 9mm stone but I bought it second hand thinking I could work with it. After evaluating the mount in person, I just couldn't get into a 9mm stone because I felt it was just a bit too big of an upgrade. So I had my jeweler reprong the tips to fit the slightly smaller 8.5mm and it worked just fine.

I will PM you some photos.

I would stick with a V6 stone. I think either the V6 9mm OEC or the 8.5mm RB would work. I know the OEC is supposedly an I color but I don't think you'll see much if any difference between it and the F/G colored sidestones in your setting. Same for the V6 8.5mm RB. I would go with the H color over the F color because I find Ashas always look whiter so an H would match really well.

The question is, which shape, OEC or RB do you prefer?

kimicarol

The Centenary Diamond
If I had the choice between a V6 8.5 and a V5 9, and everything else was equal, I would take the V6, however, I have a V5 H 8mm RB in one of my eRings and I bought a V6 H 8mm thinking I might swap it out and put the V5 in a pendant, but there is really not enough difference for me to do the swap, so I'm just saving the V6 for another ring some day.

The OECs and the ACCs throw light much differently than the RBs, so choosing between them would just be a matter of taste IMHO.

Thank you, it sounds like the V6 is the way to go. I am leaning towards the 8.5 mm V6 H&A which is available in F or H. From what you said the F might be too white, so the H it is. I appreciate your help.

Casey, I posted last before reading your post. Now I am confused. What is the difference between the V5 and V6, subtle or otherwise? Is it the sparkle or the believability of the stone that has many people preferring the V6?
Again, I do appreciate everyone's opinion.

The V6 Ashas have a bit more steeliness and depth. They're basically the new and improved Asha!

While there are gorgeous stones from all Asha Versions, for a brand new piece for a brand new customer, I just recommend buying the most current version.

tricksi said:
The V6 Ashas have a bit more steeliness and depth. They're basically the new and improved Asha!

While there are gorgeous stones from all Asha Versions, for a brand new piece for a brand new customer, I just recommend buying the most current version.
+1 V6 all the way!! I have V4, V5, and a V6...want more V6 BEST YET!!!!!!!!