What is your "guilty pleasure"?

What food do you eat, even though you know it's not good for you? Are you more of a sweets or carb person?

My vices are: cheese (its like a drug in this household - even with the pets lol, they know the sound of the drawer in the fridge!), Mexican, and carbs (cheese fries, appetizers... things I can only eat once a year lol). I'm not much of a dessert person at all, although red velvet cake and Pumpkin Cheesecake Ben & Jerry's ice cream changed my life! You HAVE to try it!

Last edited by a moderator:

JoycelovesJems

The Florentine Diamond
I'm with the cheesy carb group! I love bread, I love pasta, I love potatos . . . and then throw some cheese any of those things and I'm in heaven!

There's only one day a week I don't cook at all and what we LOVE to do is go to Whole Foods and get a few different types of cheese, there's always a brie, though. We also get a baguette, really nice tomatoes, a great bottle of wine and sometimes some proscuitto or other meat. We make a big picnic spread and enjoy. There should be no guilt in eating good food, if there's any guilt at all, it should be not sharing it with people you love.

Oh I'm so with you ladies and the cheese!! I LOVE it and just about anything smothered in it lol!! Oh, and dark chocolate, the darker the better mmmmmm, hubby spoils me occasionally and brings me some Godiva dark chocolate home from the PX. I'll make one small chocolate bar last a week lol!

RooGirl

BTD Crown Jewel
Joyce said:
I'm with the cheesy carb group! I love bread, I love pasta, I love potatos . . . and then throw some cheese any of those things and I'm in heaven!

Just like what Joyce said....

.... This has totally made me hungry... I think I need to go see what there is to eat... plus Tater Tot totally knows when the cheese drawer has been opened in the fridge....
So yeah... he's a total carb nut too....

e.taylor

The Black Orlov
I'm pretty meh on savory carbs and don't like chocolate. I do love sweet though. So donuts, cakes, pies etc. Yup. That's my kryptonite. The only thing saving me is that I have celiac disease and I'm too poor to be a glutton on GF food! There's a GF bakery near me and they make donuts on Saturday. It's $28 a dozen! A dozen cookies is just about as much. I do try to do donuts for my kids semi regularly and I have to supply them with freezable cupcakes for school parties (they have CD too) and each cupcake there is $4. So yeah. That is pretty self limiting!

sparklee said:
FRUITCAKE!!! I love this time of year........
Just started my fruitcake today
Have the fruit in the sugar syrup and brandy.

My guilty pleasure is bacon. I rarely eat it, but I adore bacon (like eating the whole package adore). ~Red

Joyce said:
Add a glass, or 2...or 3 of red wine and I'm in heaven!

i_heart_sparkles said:
Joyce said:
Add a glass, or 2...or 3 of red wine and I'm in heaven!
Ahh yes. I kind of want that right now