Waiting for BTD return credit with no response.

kimicarol

The Centenary Diamond
I purchased a Takara diamond last month and returned it with the UPS label provided by BTD. I returned it in the original package, with all of the packaging and paperwork per instructions from BTD and followed all directions for returns. I was in contact with BTD via email prior to purchasing the stone and again when I told them I was going to return it. I emailed BTD on July 16th letting them know that the stone has been dropped off at UPS and received a confirmation from UPS that the package arrived at BTD in Rome, GA on July 18th at 10:36AM and was signed for by "Puckett".

Per the BTD website:
Return Time:
Returns take approximately five business days to process upon receipt of the item. We will email you to notify you once your return has been processed. BetterThanDiamond will not send email confirmation for packages received.
Please note: Once we issue the refund, the funds are pulled from our account that same evening. However, it may take up to 14 business days before the credit shows on your card. This is because the funds must move from:
BetterThanDiamond -> Our credit card processor > Your bank's card processor -> Your bank or actual card issuer -> Your credit card.

I did not receive notification that my return was being processed so I sent an email to BTD on 7/28 asking when I could expect the return process to begin. I did NOT receive a response. I sent another email on 7/30 and again received no response. I also sent a message via their website in case there might be an issue with their email system. I have not received a response to that message.

As of tomorrow, the stone will have been in BTD's possession three weeks (or 15 business days). I am not only way past the 5 day notification period, but it is beyond the 14 business day window of my credit card being credited and I still have no response from BTD.

Please advise.

talk-admin

Administrator
Staff member
I purchased a Takara diamond last month and returned it with the UPS label provided by BTD. I returned it in the original package, with all of the packaging and paperwork per instructions from BTD and followed all directions for returns. I was in contact with BTD via email prior to purchasing the stone and again when I told them I was going to return it. I emailed BTD on July 16th letting them know that the stone has been dropped off at UPS and received a confirmation from UPS that the package arrived at BTD in Rome, GA on July 18th at 10:36AM and was signed for by "Puckett".

Per the BTD website:
Return Time:
Returns take approximately five business days to process upon receipt of the item. We will email you to notify you once your return has been processed. BetterThanDiamond will not send email confirmation for packages received.
Please note: Once we issue the refund, the funds are pulled from our account that same evening. However, it may take up to 14 business days before the credit shows on your card. This is because the funds must move from:
BetterThanDiamond -> Our credit card processor > Your bank's card processor -> Your bank or actual card issuer -> Your credit card.

I did not receive notification that my return was being processed so I sent an email to BTD on 7/28 asking when I could expect the return process to begin. I did NOT receive a response. I sent another email on 7/30 and again received no response. I also sent a message via their website in case there might be an issue with their email system. I have not received a response to that message.

As of tomorrow, the stone will have been in BTD's possession three weeks (or 15 business days). I am not only way past the 5 day notification period, but it is beyond the 14 business day window of my credit card being credited and I still have no response from BTD.

Please advise.
Apologies for the oversight here - credit is being issued right now!
Best regards,
Less