Too much color?

I recently had my Krupp’s amora gem d VS2 set, while I love the cut and shape I can’t help but think it is showing too much color, making it look like a lesser quality stone. Any thoughts here? I tried to upload a video that better depicts all of the color, but the file size was too large.

Attachments

Last edited:
How white is it compared to a colorless CZ? Maybe it was misgraded. But it looks very dirty or dusty in the photo, so I'd try scrubbing it with a good detergent and a small brush to see how much that improves the appearance.

talk-admin

Administrator
Staff member
I recently had my Krupp’s amora gem d VS2 set, while I love the cut and shape I can’t help but think it is showing too much color, making it look like a lesser quality stone. Any thoughts here? I tried to upload a video that better depicts all of the color, but the file size was too large.
Hi - in your photo the metal bezel on the ring and the ring shank itself are lit up in blue light, so it looks like there is a strong reflection going on there.
So, when you say "too much color" I'm not sure if you mean color flashes (fire) or simply color in terms of things reflecting off of it?
What I can say, is that if you mean fire,, that is simply a function of being Super Ideal cut.
Example: we had an Amora customer who ordered a Takara lab diamond b/c they thought the Amora was showing too many color flashes relative to "real diamond". Except, once they had a Takara Super Ideal next to their Amora Super Ideal....the color flashes were the same :)
In other words,, a well cut diamond and a well cut Amora are going to look nearly identical.
The Krupps is cut with a Super Ideal crown (i.e. higher and with more facets than the 'regular' emerald cuts) and so it will show more color flashes than a flat top crown on a more poorly cut diamond...but that's simply from excellent cutting.
A proper Krupps cut in diamond will do exactly the same.
Hope that helps!
Less