Thoughts on moissy cushion?

I am looking at getting a cushion in the 6mm size. I keep waffling between asha and moissy. I have seen an H asha cushion a couple years ago and I thought it was beautiful!

Question is, how is the faceting on a cushion moissy? Is it obviously different like the sq. brilliant? I know that being smaller will help, but I just want to be sure!

MrsGotRocks

The Imperial Diamond
diamondgirl3660 said:
I am looking at getting a cushion in the 6mm size. I keep waffling between asha and moissy. I have seen an H asha cushion a couple years ago and I thought it was beautiful!

Question is, how is the faceting on a cushion moissy? Is it obviously different like the sq. brilliant? I know that being smaller will help, but I just want to be sure!
I don't own a moissy, much less a cushion one, but here's a link that shows an asha and an enhanced moissy cushion side by side. The moissy is a 9mm, so you can see the double facteting. If that doesn't bother you, then all the better. Plus, the one you're considering is 3mm smaller, so it prob wouldn't be as apparent. Both are really pretty.

http://betterthandiamond.com/discussion/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/522525/fpart/1

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm....it looks good to me, but its so hard to tell. I may have to break down and order both to see.

I had a 5mm round moiss and it was spectacular! In that size it was perfect

MrsGotRocks

The Imperial Diamond
diamondgirl3660 said:
Hmmm....it looks good to me, but its so hard to tell. I may have to break down and order both to see.

I had a 5mm round moiss and it was spectacular! In that size it was perfect
Good idea.

Great links ladies-thanks!!

I think maybe now I am leaning towards the 6mm moissy cushion

I wonder if it would be worth it to have it enhanced in that size?

maryl

Connoisseur
Just wanted to chime in and say that I currently have an asha cushion but would choose a moissy any day over an asha, but that's just personal preference.
None of my moissies are enhanced, and I LOVE the warmer color.

maliasmom

The Imperial Diamond
I have had (past tense, sniff sniff) both an Asha cushion and an Asha moissy stone. BOTH are amazing! The moissy is a slightly warmer color and so beautiful! To me, both look like the real deal.

DarlingMomof3

The Millenium Star
The moissy cushion is more square than the Asha cushion. Just something to think about if you have a preference. I've had both and both are gorgeous. I say it's worth it to see if they have the enhanced in that size.