This is on it's way to me!

I think it is perfection and looks incredible on you! Seriously a work of art on your finger. I'm so happy you love it, and the details are amazing!

jcent

BTD Crown Jewel
Thanks Gem! I have been wearing it everyday, even just at home, which is new for me. It is heavy! But I enjoy the feeling on my hand.

I'm not sure how I missed this post originally, but I just love that ring. I'm not even a fan of french cuts and I think this ring is perfection. The prongs are to die for as well as the engraved shank underneath.

I missed the pink diamond the first time! The ring is spectacular! Maybe you can answer something for me I've always wondered. With a pink diamond underneath does the color ever shine through into the big diamond?

jcent

BTD Crown Jewel
Thanks ladies.
Danielle Jay, in my experience, the pink does not change the colour of the center at all. I have tried this 2 twice now, with an OEC moissy and now this. And both times it is only visable just through the culet.
I have seen this done with a yellow diamond under the culet, and it did seem to make the center more yellow... but the center was already O/P so I think with the yellow in it already, it was easier to enhance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to know! I think it would be kind of cool if it did shine through a bit, but I'm guessing if most people buy a pretty white diamond that they want it to look pretty and white and not some other color. Thanks for the info! And once again.. Gorgeous ring!!

jcent

BTD Crown Jewel
I think if you used something more vivid, like sapphire, it might reflect more. And bigger maybe. Pink diamonds tend to be lighter in colour, even when intense. It is still nice to look through the culet and see a peak-a-boo of pink though. I makes it feel like a hidden treasure, that only I know is there.
Thank you so much! I really feel like I got my dream ring.

jcent

BTD Crown Jewel
yes, I did get it!! I have a few.

and video

http://www.youtube.com/v/DTG8yv3dsuo

http://www.youtube.com/v/EWig5lkpUME

Isn't this your ten millionth dream ring? LOL! LOVE IT!! You are so lucky to work in that field that you can get rings like that. If someone wanted to order that ring, could it be made just like that, or since it is your ring, it can't be really made the same way? It is so pretty. I can say, that is one of my dream rings, too, and if my dreams came true, I'd want a ring just like it along with matching bands. You are so lucky. I love living vicariously through you.

jcent

BTD Crown Jewel
LOL, this is my dream ring. This was the design that always kinda had me captivated, but it took us a while to save up for it.

It could be made the same.
It all depends on the center though. SO if the center was larger or smaller, the proportions and taper would need to change a bit, if you wanted it to have the same look.

I am tryng to decide what to do for a band. I want to make one in wax first, to make sure I like how it looks beside it. I think it looks good on it's own, but I do miss a band.