Terrible quality/service

i spent 2000 dollars on a ring that literally looks like a crackerjack prize. I didn't expect it to look like a real diamond, and I didn't care if it did, but it doesn't resemble a gem at all. It looks like plastic. And on top of that, 5 months later and the stone is falling out. After contacting costumer service they said its my fault and I can pay to have it fixed. 5 MONTHS?! You can't guaruntee your product for 5 months?! I wish I would have reconsidered before spending money at a company that only has a 40 day policy on such a large purchase. Run away from this company.

I'm so sorry to hear that you don't like your AG (assuming that you purchased that vs an Asha.) For some individuals it's best to stick with what they know and are comfortable with be that a diamond or other gem stone. I have to say, though, that my AG does not look like plastic at all and it's performance, at the very least, compares to and, in my case, surpasses that of GIA XXX diamonds (two of my colleagues e-rings.) The best part is that I have all of this beauty for a fraction of the price.

With respect to the setting, most jewellers actually recommend having the setting checked at least every six months or so. It's not uncommon for stones to be loose in the setting if you've snagged the prong or hit the ring against something - even if you didn't actually notice that you did anything to it. While there are some jewellers that offer minor maintenance services free of charge, most do charge a small amount for prong tightening, repolishing and rhodium plating.

It is an Asha, and sorry but this post wasn't asking for your opinion. I was stating my experience with this company. I don't want to sound disrespectful, but I also don't need to see you here defending a company that hosed me. Have a good day.

It is an Asha, and sorry but this post wasn't asking for your opinion. I was stating my experience with this company. I don't want to sound disrespectful, but I also don't need to see you here defending a company that hosed me. Have a good day.
Just like you, I am allowed to "state" my experience and knowledge of this company and jewellery in general. Also, my last statement was a statement of fact not opinion - jewellery requires regular maintenance and inspection and most jewellers charge for these services.

BTW - no offence taken at your remarks, it's quite clear that you feel ripped off I'm just not sure why.

you're right, no company should stand behind their product. No reason for me to be upset at all.

If you want to debate and have your feelings known, please create your own thread. There's no need to be combative with me.

First of all, to have a stone fixed in a setting should be super cheap at any decent jeweler. Any slight bump can loosen a stone. That's not the fault of the vendor. It would be faster, cheaper and more convenient for you to go to a local jeweler and have them fix it real quick. It would only take 5 minutes for them to secure the stone back into the setting. Make sure you communicate that it is CZ, because that matters when setting stones.

Second, you purchased a Cubic Zirconia. It has its inherent optical disadvantages. I think Cubic Zirconia looks like cheap fake garbage no matter how good it is from a cut and coating perspective. I would never buy one for a jewelry piece I intend to look nice, especially at the price they charge for Asha. They don't look plasticy to me, they look more glassy to me, which looks "fake" IMO.

Amora Gems and diamonds are the only high dispersion stones I will ever use for expensive jewelry. They are beautiful stones, high quality, forever lasting stones. I will also use conundrum (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald etc) but they are not high dispersion. I will not use ASHA or CZ of any kind.

Btw, NOTHING is going to look just like a diamond except a diamond. Amora Gems, IMO, do not look like diamond, but they are just as beautiful as a super ideal cut diamond. In fact, I think they look better.

BTW #2, Asha are super ideal cut stones, and your typical diamond is not. If you have ever seen a flawless, super ideal cut diamond, it almost looks "fake" too because it is so perfectly cut and flawless. You don't see it very often, but the perfect stones don't look "right" because they are so uncommon, if that makes sense.

You didn't get "Hosed" at all.

If you spent 2K on the ring, the center stone being asha is only a couple hundred $$. I assume the rest of the ring has micro pave diamonds in it?

Go to a local jeweler for it to be reset. It' really not a big deal, and a common thing to happen.

Last edited:

mmascall

Connoisseur
you're right, no company should stand behind their product. No reason for me to be upset at all.

If you want to debate and have your feelings known, please create your own thread. There's no need to be combative with me.
Actually, Stefano, you are being combative with me. I'll just repeat part of my previous post:

With respect to the setting, most jewellers actually recommend having the setting checked at least every six months or so. It's not uncommon for stones to be loose in the setting if you've snagged the prong or hit the ring against something - even if you didn't actually notice that you did anything to it. While there are some jewellers that offer minor maintenance services free of charge, most do charge a small amount for prong tightening, repolishing and rhodium plating.

And I agree with mshzzle - it's actually a pretty minor fix.

MissCassie

The Pink Orchid
If the ring looked like a "cracker jack prize" upon arrival, why not return the ring at that time?

Is it the center stone coming loose, or side stones? Prongs snag, get knocked loose, etc., and everyone's wear and tear is different. Previous posters covered this well, minor fix indeed.

Ultimately, while it is unfortunate you are unhappy with the ring, it wasn't returned within the 40 day window, and feeling like one was "hosed" due to a feeling of entitlement for some kind of warranty (I know you used the phrase "guarantee", but believe warranty is more appropriate for this circumstance) that is not offered or implied, I don't see the justification for a recommendation to "run away from this company".

Wow!
I think every one has been very reasonable with you,given how rude you are!
If you thought your ring looked like something from a cracker jack prize,then why did you decide to wear it & not return it within the 40 day window???
If I had spent 2K on a piece of jewellery & I was not 100% happy with it,in fact I thought it looked like plastic,I would have sent it right back!

Tell me,why you keep it if it looked so awful????:confused:

Loose prongs can be common & take moments to fix by a local jeweller.

I think you should take your nasty,aggressive attitude somewhere else.We don't want it here.

Last edited: