Some rooms pics!

jcent

BTD Crown Jewel
I am posting these here because my DD is in some of them, and she refuses to wear clothes, lol. Except for the alphabet, which will be in the room colours on the large empty room, it is done.
I am really proud of how this turned out. I painted and upholstered the bed myself. And we refinished the dressers ourselves.
And the pictures on the wall are just gift bags, cut in half, and then framed in cheap frames from Ikea. So all done for super cheap, and it all looks super cute, imo. The only thing I spent much money on was the bedding and the alphabet...

Last edited by a moderator:

RooGirl

BTD Crown Jewel
It turned out beautiful jcent...
... love the idea of the gift bags in frames.... super cute!!!

jcent

BTD Crown Jewel
hahaha, I am glad I am not the only one. She will be so embarrassed later, but I cannot get her to keep her clothes on.

Thanks all!!!! I love DIY stuff and it is so easy. And I love not spending a lot of money on stuff like that.
The matting was $1.49 "foamies" from Michael's. Real matting was over $8 each.

At that age my DD was nude all the time too. One day I put her down for a nap and after stripping down to her birthday suit she pulled her rocking horse up to the window and fell asleep (on the rocking horse!) with her head resting on the window sill. I took a bunch of pictures cuz it was just so cute...and so like her. I have the pictures hidden away now. She's a good kid but every mom needs some leverage from time to time. Bwahahahaaaa!!!

jcent

BTD Crown Jewel
All of these nudist children lol. She takes her clothes off outside too, and I am always worried the neighbours will think we are nuts.

Please, do the gift bag pictures and post photos!! I am only creative about 2 things... jewelry and easy DIY home projects. Anything too tricky and I lose interest. But for some reason kids rooms are so much fun! This my my DDs third redesign, lol. But we aren't planning on moving again anytime soon, so this should be good for a while.

I framed cards one time for decoration. They turned out nice, I would of never thought of doing gift bags. How do you pronounce your DD name??(if you dont mind me asking) The room looks soo cute.

jcent

BTD Crown Jewel
just like the word aria...like in an opera.

Thanks!
She really loves it, which is the best part.

Adorable little girl and room!
Brings back fun memories of my girls running around before and after bathtime, singing: "I naaaakid! I naaakid!" At 13 and 16, my husband is probably relieved they don't do that anymore!!

Hadley

Connoisseur
It's adorable, jcent! I love the mash up of colors that compliment one another so well. You have achieved a great girly look, especially with the chandelier. I'm a DIY/crafty/interiors junkie, and I don't necessarily impress easily, so this is high praise.

Your daughter's willingness to pose and even dance nekkid is wonderful! Oh, to be so uninhibited and comfortable.....

jcent

BTD Crown Jewel
yes...we like to call her free spirited, lol.

Thanks Hadley!! Girly without pink walls.
That was my goal. I know you know you DIY, so that it is a compliment. I was most impressed with turning a old crappy bed into something pretty. I just glued on foam, and then covered with fabric and stapled it on. So it took just a few hours to make the it pretty, and soft which is good for kids, and I could reuse something that would have ended up at the dump.

hahahaha! I am having a rough day at work and those pictures were the highlight of my day so far! I really needed to laugh and your little naked poser was the perfect remedy, just look at that look on her face, and those poses!! So funny Jcent!

The room and everything in it is perfect and precious. I would be excited if I had done all of that myself, too. It means so much more when it's the result of your own ideas & hard work! You know, it's kind of like custom designing your own ring vs picking out a stock setting. I think I know of such a place where people that like to create their own things hang out!!
lol!

jcent

BTD Crown Jewel
Thanks
I am glad she could make you smile.

I read the "free spirit" description in a positive parenting book, and thought it sounded better than obnoxiously stubborn. And if we change our perception of her stubbornness, it is easier to deal with, lol.

jcent

BTD Crown Jewel
I have deleted some, just so my DD isn't up for too long on the internet.
But if you feel inspired and want more pics of the room or gift bag pictures etc, just pm me, and I will send you some.

Deia

Omniscient
Why don't you photoshop a dress onto her lol? Or even a crappy MS Paint job will do! I agree with you though, creepy people out there, who knows who will see these pics.

Walking around nekkid (I know that's not the right spelling :p) is so fun lol, I envy your DD being able to do it so often! hahaha...oh to be young and carefree!

The room is adorable =)

When my sister was 2 or so, she loved to be naked too. And we lived on a farm. We would go out, and Mom would say, make her keep her clothes on (I was 8) and within 10 min I was inside telling Mom that she was naked again!

It got so bad that Dad planted corn in the field in front of the house to give privacy from the road, LOL

The room is adorable JCent! I LOVE the chandelier and it is just so super cute room for a girl.