Services Winfield's offers to our clients

diamondangel

BTD Crown Jewel
Casey so graciously posted an info thread for the new BTD'ers, so I thought it would be a good idea to expand on the info she posted. We offer many services that some of the BTD crowd may not know about.

We are authorized vendors for Stuller, Adwar, Leo Ingwer, Unique Settings, Roseco, Gordon Clark, Frank Reubel, Jolie Designs, Lieberfarb, and of course the gorgeous Vatche settings. Our custom work is done with Ocean Pearlman, and of course our own signature bench which does the most perfect and amazing milgrain I've ever seen. Since we do a cad and product development report with each custom request, our clients get to visualize their designs and make changes prior to the actual production. We do charge $115 for the custom cad and PDR, but that fee does get credited towards the finished piece when we move forward to production. I personally handle the majority of the custom projects, and its something I absolutely love doing. To assist a client in realizing a dream piece is almost as satisfying as getting to see the hand shots of the finished product. My most memorable client was a couple based out of New Orleans. The gentleman wanted to incorporate something that was a nod to their local. So, I researched the wrought iron gates in the garden district, and we pulled a fleur-de-lis pattern from one of them, translated it into a ring, and our signature bench did a phenomenal job with it. Some of the diamonds in the eternity band are only .7mm! The band itself is 9mm wide, and it is an eternity band with a Richard Homer natural cobolt blue spinel, three marquise natural diamonds on either side, and lots of teeny tiny sparkling natural diamonds throughout the lacy pattern.

The client and I exchanged emails for a month before we finalized the design.

For diamonds we are indeed an authorized vendor for Infinity ideal cut diamonds, but we also have several other sources for ideal cut, H&A cut, fancy shape, and more price effective diamonds. The natural gemstones we sell are by Richard Homer (concavegems.com), and Pala Gems. We have sourced natural pearls. We can also assist clients in having their natural diamonds color treated, as well as clarity enhanced through our sources.

One of our specialties is refurbishment of antique and estate jewelry. We can change standard prongs into claw prongs, change heads, change shanks on rings from standard round to european shanks. Have problems with large knuckles? We can replace the lower half with an arthritic shank so that the bottom half of the ring can actually be opened up so as to allow it to slide over the knuckle but fit without sliding once in place. We can add sizing balls, bars, resize, replate, refurbish, and restore worn, tired and much loved pieces to their original glory or take a good setting with a less-than-loved stone and make it gorgeous with a new stone in it.

Rings are not all we do. We create pendants, earrings, and bracelets for our clients too. Our handmade heart basket bracelet is simply stunning, and we offer high quality jewelry at competitive pricing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wink

The Imperial Diamond
Nice post Melissa.

I want to emphasize the refurbishment of existing jewelry, this is not only for antique and estate jewelry, we refurbish your well worn treasures, whether or not they are antique.

If you have a treasure that you have literally worn to death we can do an amazing job of fixing it back up to look like new.

Need a new shank? No problem.

Need a new head? No Problem.

Don't need a new head, just retip the existing prongs? No problem.

Squished your ring on the driveway with the snow tires? Problem, but often not as much as you might think.

Dropped your ring into the disposal? Was the disposal running? Big Problem. But....

We can remake the ring so well you would swear that it was the same ring you destroyed.

Best part, all of this costs less than a normal custom design, or even just a replacement from Stuller. Well, ok, all of it but the remake of the disposal rings, that will not be cheap, but you will have the same style of ring that you thought you had lost.

Wink

Wink

The Imperial Diamond
So much of the cost of custom is in the labor, so even if we did do it in silver, the savings over gold would not be as much as you would expect.

Wink

Hi,
Do you recycle old gold? By recycle, I mean take my old 14k wedding rings (with sentimental value) and make them into something else using the same gold,not switching it for "new" gold? I've only made a few inquiries about having this done but no luck so far. Everyone I've talked to can only trade my old rings in , not actually use them for the new project.

Wink

The Imperial Diamond
We can do it for simple designs, but the people we use for our more complex designs are not willing to do this. Most benches do not want the liability of using other people's gold.

So, my ambiguous answer is, maybe.

Wink

omg! i don't know why i have just now seen this post...but GORGEOUS ring!!! i love the detailing....it is simply breathtaking. i am extremely impressed!
you guys do beautiful work!!

Wink

The Imperial Diamond
Yes. Unless we have specifically been asked for exclusivity, and been paid an extra fee, we retain the rights to all designs that we make.

As a matter of courtesy we try not to make two identical complex designs like this one for people in the same town. It is easier to do that here in Boise, when we know where people live and which social circles they are in.

Also, in reality, a design like this is extraordinary and while I would love very much to be commissioned to do it on a weekly basis, it is unlikely that I will do it more than once or twice in my lifetime.

Wink

jeanie said:
Hi,
Do you recycle old gold? By recycle, I mean take my old 14k wedding rings (with sentimental value) and make them into something else using the same gold,not switching it for "new" gold? I've only made a few inquiries about having this done but no luck so far. Everyone I've talked to can only trade my old rings in , not actually use them for the new project.
Wink, I know you mentioned a ~maybe~ for this...but what if the custom piece was a simple wedding band?

Wink

The Imperial Diamond
That would be very doable, and would keep the sentimental value of the item at its highest possible value since the item made would indeed be the actual gold from the old ring.

Wink

Hi Wink,

I am going to be sending my custom setting and diamond in to you for setting soon. I was wondering, do you do insurance appraisals?

Thanks!!

would u be able to do tension settings or not? because there is an actual design that i really like

but i dont think ive managed to find anyone thats willing to do it with 14k white gold and asha diamonds