Scale recommendations

jcent

BTD Crown Jewel
I saw a consumer program on tv, and they compared a whole bunch of scales, from $8 scales to $75 scales, and the $8 ones were just as accurate as the expensive ones.

I bought the EatSmart Precision Digital Bathroom Scale from amazon recently. Love it! My old digital scale would fluctuate up to two pounds depending on where in the kitchen I had it. I found the spot that always registered the lowest weight.. Hehe. But this new scale is always the same weight no matter where I have it so I highly recommend it for accuracy.

I'd love to know the same thing, because my sister and my Dad both have the same scale and I hopped on my sisters about a 1 and half ago and it said "139" then hopped on my Dad's about 5 days later and it said "141" I know it IS technically possible that I could have gained that weight by water or something, but I'd been dieting and keeping my calories under 1,200 every single day. I'm thinking the scales are not very accurate..

Last edited by a moderator:
My weight can fluctuate from morning to night.... sometimes a 3lb difference. I try to weight myself every morning to get a better understanding.

jcent

BTD Crown Jewel
I am lightest in the morning, so I try to weigh myself then too, lol. Whenever I go to the Dr or midwife or something though it is always in the afternoon, after I have eaten etc, so I am always 3-5lbs heavier... I hate that, lol.

i used to have one that you could step on 3 x's in a row...and it would read different each time - I was getting scale OCD! I replaced it and this new one gives the same reading if I did it 10 x's in a row or 2 or just 1...so I got rid of my scale OCD! Anyway, I will check tomorrow to see what brand it is and try to remember to post back! It was around 30-35.00 at walmart and worth it for its accuracy. I never realized how annoying the other scale was until I got a decent one. :0)