Royal Tiaras

I've long been fascinated with royal fashion, and since being introduced to the fabulous world of fine jewelry, I've enjoyed learning more about royal jewels, especially since they're not exactly the sort of bling one sees on a daily basis.

I've really enjoyed A Tiara a Day , which highlights a different tiara, usually attached to one of Europe's noble families, along with its history each week day during 2013.

Tiara's aren't normal dinner attire for most of us nowadays, but if you did attend fabulous white tie events on a regular basis, what sort of tiara would you want? I'm attaching links to a few of my favorites for inspiration

Angouleme Emerald Tiara
Who doesn't love some honkin' emeralds?

Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara
The base is actually detachable for a different look, and originally the top diamonds were pearls.

Leeds Cartier Tiara
Owned by a wealthy American heiress who hopped across the pond to marry an English peer (sound like the plot of Downton Abbey, anyone?)

Westminster Bagration Tiara
Gorgeous pink spinels

Hesse Turquoise and Moonstone Tiara
A tragic history and one of my favorite non-traditional tiaras

Savoy Headpiece Tiara
A modern piece by Cartier made in Art Deco style for the recent Great Gatsby movie. You can apparently buy your own for a cool 200k.

Connaught Fringe Tiara
Many tiaras can be converted and worn as necklaces, too!

Strathmore Rose Tiara
A sweet floral tiara

Princess Andrew Meander Tiara
For a sleeker, geometric look

Last edited by a moderator:

jcent

BTD Crown Jewel
+1!

If I could, my tiara would be with pink diamonds, prob a large pear or cushion center, and then diamonds all around.

jcent said:
+1!

If I could, my tiara would be with pink diamonds, prob a large pear or cushion center, and then diamonds all around.
Pink? Why am I not surprised?

Speaking of pink, Empress Farah of Iran's wedding tiara isn't my favorite, but I certainly wouldn't say no to the Noor-ol-Ain diamond. Can you even imagine a 60 carat pink diamond? I would die.

Noor-ol-Ain Tiara

labelo said:
jcent said:
+1!

Pink? Why am I not surprised?

Speaking of pink, Empress Farah of Iran's wedding tiara isn't my favorite, but I certainly wouldn't say no to the Noor-ol-Ain diamond. Can you even imagine a 60 carat pink diamond? I would die.

Noor-ol-Ain Tiara
I love it. I think its gorgeous, and love the pink diamond. So different from other sapphire, emerald, pearl and diamond tiara out there.