Rainbow of Gems - some exciting news!

kimicarol

The Centenary Diamond
Re: Rainbow of Gems - Auction on overstock

they have a couple more with more diamonds, but with that size stone, I think I would prefer the single row of diamonds.

JoycelovesJems

The Florentine Diamond

That's exactly what I'd want. Thanks! I am sooo tempted, but I have projects piling up with no funds to complete them.

kimicarol

The Centenary Diamond

Joyce said:
That's exactly what I'd want. Thanks! I am sooo tempted, but I have projects piling up with no funds to complete them.
Well, you could always try for the stone on auction and if you win it, you could just put it away until funds became available again, I imagine that LOGR setting isn't going any where.

<---------- enabler

Last edited by a moderator:

sparklee

The Millenium Star

Today I received a stone I bought from Kenny, and I have to say that the stone is gorgeous - so much better than the pics, and I can't wait to get it mounted.

I bought a Smoky quartz oval shape 13.91ct. The measurements are 18.13 x 14.24 x 9.26. The color is rich and so much better than the pic. I will try and photograph it tomorrow and see if I can get some good shots.

This was Kenny's pic.....

kimicarol

The Centenary Diamond

sparklee said:
Today I received a stone I bought from Kenny, and I have to say that the stone is gorgeous - so much better than the pics, and I can't wait to get it mounted.
YAY, I'm so glad you like it.... that's the problem with IRL shots, they seldom flatter the stone and that is one of the reasons that RoG has most of their stones professionally photographed, but after me bugging Kenny until he finally caved and said "uncle", he agreed to do some IRLs and videos to show that even though the "glamour shots" are flattering, they aren't enhanced or digitally altered.

I'm looking forward to your picture of the stone and if you get a good one, be sure to tell me your secret. I go crazy trying to get good shots of mine, and they never look half as good as the stone.

Of course, I suggested Kenny send me ALL of his stones for ME to do the IRLs, but for some reason he declined....hmmmm, I wonder why????

kimicarol

The Centenary Diamond

Casey said:
Just thought I'd let you guys know that Kenny (RoG) currently has a three day auction going on Overstock.com with some really pretty, but reasonably priced stones. He sells on OS under the name of "Charlie1horse"

Here is the link:

http://auctions.overstock.com/cgi-bin/au...&THISCTG=on

He's got a nice natural Ametrine that is ring or pendant size and a pad colored tourmaline that I'd love to own and some other nice gems with a really low starting price, but I am now officially on gemstone buying restriction, so I'm going to sit on my hands.
There are 10 new gemstones that were just listed on Overstock today for a total of 20 - reasonably priced stones. The first 10 that were listed will be ending in less than 24 hrs, in case you were considering one of them.

I do want to remind everyone that OS auctions don't work the same as ebay and you can't "snipe" at the last minute, so it doesn't do any good to wait and bid in the last 20 seconds or the auction will just be extended.

This is the explanation from the OS website:

"If an auction receives a bid within 10 minutes of the scheduled auction closing time, the auction will be extended for an additional 10 minutes. The auction will continue indefinitely until 10 minutes have passed without a new high bid."

Thanks for checking them out!

That's really not fair. I already have stones I need to set and you're tempting me with buying more!

kimicarol

The Centenary Diamond

tricksi said:
That's really not fair. I already have stones I need to set and you're tempting me with buying more!

Well, you can't beat the prices and there are a few on there that I would normally go for myself, but I got a "very special stone" on layaway, so I'm absolutely, positively on buying restriction for quite a while...

His OS auctions are a great deal for a natural gemstone with a 100% satisfaction guarantee!

<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'">YOU KNOW YOU WANT ONE!</span>