Rainbow of Gems - some exciting news!

Deia

Omniscient
Cool thanks Casey - I was specifically thinking of the ametrine you posted here when I said I thought his photos were photoshopped. Nice of you to check though

GIABryan - I have my doubts which is why I wondered if Casey could find out for sure since she will be working closely with him.

It may be also that there is simply to much light shining on the gem - sorry not being very technical here, it's been a long day, either way I just wanted to make sure what's what so I can feel comfortable ordering from him and not thinking I will have to most likely return a stone - which is a huge bother when you live in a different country than the seller. I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

Congrats again Casey!

Last edited by a moderator:

kimicarol

The Centenary Diamond
BeMyValentine said:
Only thing that has stopped me from considering a stone of his for longer than a few minutes
One of the things that attracted me to Kenny and his stones a long time ago, was his return policy. I'm not going to copy the whole thing here (you can read it on his website under policies), but basically it says that they unconditionally guarantee all of the gems to be genuine and exactly as they are represented AND they'll even refund you your return shipping costs if you aren't 100% satisfied, so basically, you aren't out any money if you don't like the stone.

AND you don't have the hassle of having to return the stone to Thailand (which can be a real pain - believe me, I know!)

kimicarol

The Centenary Diamond
BeMyValentine said:
Cool thanks Casey - I was specifically thinking of the ametrine you posted here when I said I thought his photos were photoshopped. Nice of you to check though

GIABryan - I have my doubts which is why I wondered if Casey could find out for sure since she will be working closely with him.

It may be also that there is simply to much light shining on the gem - sorry not being very technical here, it's been a long day, either way I just wanted to make sure what's what so I can feel comfortable ordering from him and not thinking I will have to most likely return a stone - which is a huge bother when you live in a different country than the seller. I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

Congrats again Casey!
We were posting at the same time, so I posted about the return policy before I saw this post.

His partner has relocated his family back to the UK, so I'm pretty sure you could return the stone to their UK address, but I'll check on that also.

See, this is great..... I've got all sorts of questions to ask him when I speak with him again.

kimicarol

The Centenary Diamond
upgradable said:
HOT DIGGITY!! He's one lucky guy to have you in his camp! Have you talked to him about offering more mahenge spinels?
I just spoke with him a while ago and re-reminded him that there is "interest" in good quality mahenge spinels that are (or can be) certified. He told me he'd contact his Thailand contact and see if there is anything out there that fits the bill.

kimicarol

The Centenary Diamond
BeMyValentine said:

It may be also that there is simply to much light shining on the gem
Just verified with Kenny and NO! their pictures are not photoshopped
I told him what you said about the lighting (too much light shining on the gem) and he said that might be the case.

I know the type of light used when taking a photo of a gem can make a lot of difference, but the photos aren't digitally altered. Some of the gems on the site are currently in England (with his partner) and some are in the US, but soon they will all be in the US to make things less complicated, HOWEVER, you (and anyone else that wants to), could send any returns to their England address if that is more convenient.

He also told me that he can provide videoes of any of the gemstones that are currently located in the US (it says on the website if they are currently located in England). When they all arrive in the US, they will all be able to be videoed upon request.

Btw, he also got several of the ametrines that were in the same lot that mine came from certified as natural! Now I know that doesn't absolutely prove that mine is a natural stone, but it certainly doesn't hurt!!!!

JoycelovesJems

The Florentine Diamond
I would love a good quality ametrine, but the sizes are always so big that it's not practical for a ring (and you KNOW I'm a ring girl) Is it because in smaller sizes, you wouldn't see all the colors?

kimicarol

The Centenary Diamond
Joyce said:
I would love a good quality ametrine, but the sizes are always so big that it's not practical for a ring (and you KNOW I'm a ring girl) Is it because in smaller sizes, you wouldn't see all the colors?
I think that may be part of it, HOWEVER, I also think it is somewhat of "they can get them big, so they make 'em big"... Because Ametrines (like amethystes) are available in big sizes, at reasonable prices, they cut them as large as they can, however, I do believe he can get these ametrines custom cut, so I would imagine he can get one in any size you want. My suggestion is to contact him (via the contact us) on his website and he will be able to give you an exact answer.

The one I'm going to eventually have set in a ring
http://betterthandiamond.com/discussion/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/557136/fpart/2 is just over 10mm which is my max for a ring.

Deia

Omniscient
Thanks for checking Casey, that's good news! I've learned something! I'm on my blackberry so will keep this short, but thanks again for the info!

kimicarol

The Centenary Diamond
Joyce said:
I spoke with Kenny this morning and he has several in stock that are ring size in many different shapes. He just got them and hasn't listed them yet. I'll send you a pm.

JoycelovesJems

The Florentine Diamond
I PM'd you back that I'm not in a position to buy right now, but once he's listed them, I might be tempted to buy one "if the price is right" (and I know he's got amazingly good prices)

kimicarol

The Centenary Diamond
Joyce said:
I PM'd you back that I'm not in a position to buy right now, but once he's listed them, I might be tempted to buy one "if the price is right" (and I know he's got amazingly good prices)
Perfect!

FYI - check out the 10% down to hold for 30 days policy on the site!

kimicarol

The Centenary Diamond
Re: Rainbow of Gems - auction on Overstock

Just thought I'd let you guys know that Kenny (RoG) currently has a three day auction going on Overstock.com with some really pretty, but reasonably priced stones. He sells on OS under the name of "Charlie1horse"

Here is the link:

http://auctions.overstock.com/cgi-bin/au...&THISCTG=on

He's got a nice natural Ametrine that is ring or pendant size and a pad colored tourmaline that I'd love to own and some other nice gems with a really low starting price, but I am now officially on gemstone buying restriction, so I'm going to sit on my hands.

kimicarol

The Centenary Diamond
Re: Rainbow of Gems - auction on Overstock

upgradable said:
Good golly! His pieces are soooooo pretty!
He's got some really nice "not expensive" stones.

JoycelovesJems

The Florentine Diamond
Re: Rainbow of Gems - Auction on overstock

Gorgeous! I wonder though about finding a mounting to fit it? I would love that in a nice diamond halo!