Rainbow of Gems - some exciting news!

kimicarol

The Centenary Diamond
Thanks!

MrsGotRocks said:
Well, congrats Casey!

But can you still post pics of your aquisitions or only if someone asks?
I have over 200 gemstones (from MANY vendors) in my collection now.... and I'll post pictures of the whole shebang when I get the time.... I just can't post any new acquisitions from RoG as a stealth way to advertise, or go on and on about them... I'll just have to leave that up to the rest of you.

Last edited by a moderator:
HOT DIGGITY!! He's one lucky guy to have you in his camp! Have you talked to him about offering more mahenge spinels?

kimicarol

The Centenary Diamond
upgradable said:
HOT DIGGITY!! He's one lucky guy to have you in his camp! Have you talked to him about offering more mahenge spinels?
Actually YES! He's well aware of the new obsession...(mine and others - lol) in fact he has TWO new ones of mine on the way for him to check out (I bought them with "unknown" certs from a new (to me) ebay seller, so he's seeing if they are the real deal).

<-- spinelaholic (especially the new bright Mahenge!)

You know how it goes..... a stone gets popular, and all of a sudden all of the rough becomes scarce or really expensive, but HE is working on it!

I haven't posted pics of my two new ones yet, until I find out if they are the real deal....

Let's see.... I want the 7 carat aqua, the 3.5 carat fanta orange spess, that 5 carat tsavorite :0, one of the two cushion Namya spinels, and the 5 carat, $10k portuguese cut demantoid garnet! Can you write those up for me?

kimicarol

The Centenary Diamond
upgradable said:
Let's see.... I want the 7 carat aqua, the 3.5 carat fanta orange spess, that 5 carat tsavorite :0, one of the two cushion Namya spinels, and the 5 carat, $10k portuguese cut demantoid garnet! Can you write those up for me?
got it!!!!

Deia

Omniscient
Congrats Casey
One thing I've wanted to mention but haven't - maybe you can now answer me though! Woohoo hehe!

I am pretty sure the pics are photoshopped, if they are not please correct me, but if they are would that be something he would consider changing, i.e making his photography better and non photoshopped? Only thing that has stopped me from considering a stone of his for longer than a few minutes

Again, congrats though, must be awesome to work with something you truly love!

gia87

Connoisseur
BMV - That's quite an assumption. I HIGHLY doubt that his photos are photoshopped. He's an extremely honest seller. Can you point out why you think they are?

kimicarol

The Centenary Diamond
BeMyValentine said:
Congrats Casey
One thing I've wanted to mention but haven't - maybe you can now answer me though! Woohoo hehe!

I am pretty sure the pics are photoshopped, if they are not please correct me, but if they are would that be something he would consider changing, i.e making his photography better and non photoshopped? Only thing that has stopped me from considering a stone of his for longer than a few minutes

Again, congrats though, must be awesome to work with something you truly love!
I don't believe they are photoshopped, but I will verify to make sure.

The few "high end - certified gems" I have recently purchased from the website were true to the pictures. I call these type of vendor photos "glamour shots" as they are definitely complimentary, (and I can't duplicate them, that's for sure - believe me, I've tried!) BUT the ones that I purchased looked like the photos IRL and so I don't think the photos were digitally altered (but like I said, I'll verify that).

Case in point, the ametrine that I bought (see above referenced thread) was accused of being photoshopped and it wasn't... it truly has those colors, which was one of the reasons I took so many photos of it myself to try to show how it looked IRL - I failed to capture it's true beauty, but I think I did do a pretty good job of showing all of the colors.. If you remember from the PS thread, I included some shots of some other ametrines on vetted sites that had the same colors.

I think some (but not all) of the photos are done by professional photographers to bring out the best in the stone, but that isn't necessarily digitally alterning the photo, HOWEVER, I totally see where you are coming from.

In fact, I did ask him only this morning (for a future DB listing) if he had any IRL shots (you know, ones that looked like you or I might have taken them - LOL) of the stones so I could post them side by side with the "glamour shots" but he hasn't gotten back to me yet on that.

I'll be sure and let you know what he says... if any of them HAVE been photoshopped, then I'll definitely ask him to re-consider.

BeMyValentine said:
Congrats Casey

I understand the fear of buying online, sight unseen but have you seen the real life pictures of Casey's gems from ROG? I doubt they are photoshopped unless you think Casey's photos are photoshopped as well!