Rainbow Lorikeets having a party!

Anozira

The Florentine Diamond
rosered said:
Are they native to Australia?
Anozira, I think they are native to Australia, but I'll check and see what Wikipedia says: <span style="color: #000099">Rainbow Lorikeet

The Rainbow Lorikeet (Trichoglossus haematodus) is a species of Australasian parrot found in Australia, eastern Indonesia (Maluku and Western New Guinea), Papua New Guinea, New Caledonia, Solomon Islands and Vanuatu. In Australia, it is common along the eastern seaboard, from Queensland to South Australia and northwest Tasmania. Its habitat is rainforest, coastal bush and woodland areas. Several taxa traditionally listed as subspecies of the Rainbow Lorikeet are increasingly treated as separate species (see Taxonomy).

Rainbow Lorikeets have been introduced to Perth, Western Australia,[2] Auckland, New Zealand[3], Amsterdam, The Netherlands and Hong Kong.</span>
Thanks for the info Rose. If figures Australia has some of the most beautiful & unusual creatures

Last edited by a moderator:
Your bird friends must love you Sparklee! Look at all those feeders you put out for them. All the birds are so beautiful in their own unique way. How lovely for you that you get to watch and enjoy them. The blue jay is so pretty. I have never seen a pic of a woodpecker so close before. He looks so cute sitting there making himself right at home. Our seagulls are all white with pale grey wings. Interesting to see them with black heads and tails. Your pic of the cardinal in the snow is awesome! Striking red amid the stark monochrome tangle of branches and snow. Thanks for the pics.

Blingaholic

BTD Crown Jewel
oh, these pics are so cute! i only see cardinals in my backyard and by the time i run for the camera, they're gone

Noodle

Connoisseur
Oh my goodness!! Just came across this pic. I think I'd faint if I looked out my window and saw such gorgeous birds taking a bath -- they're unbelievable....those colors!!
Thanks for sharing!

diamondangel

BTD Crown Jewel
It would absolutely stop traffic dead if Lorikeets were ever spotted out here in western NJ. The most colorful birds around here are the cardinals, blue jays, Goldfinch, and bluebirds.