Pre Honeymoon Slimdown

Has anyone ever tried optifast?? My pharmacist recommended it for a quick healthy weight loss, as long as I eat loads of lower carb green veg with it before my honeymoon. We leave towards the mid - end of May and I really would love to lose 5/6 kgs before then.

I love long long walks (not a big runner) so I think it definitely achievable if I drink lots of water and be really compliant with the program.

I think I'll give this a go when I get back jcent - beefed up abit with all US portions and the cocktails by the pool
I have a terrible habit of eating everything given to me on my plate. Can't... Stop.... Eating.... Hehe

Last edited by a moderator:

Dana ♥

The Centenary Diamond
if you do that at home, too, then buy yourself a smaller plate. i've got a favourite plate that i use that's a good deal smaller than all our other dinner plates.

and on the rare occasion we go out for dinner, i always ask the waitperson to go ahead and put half of my dinner in a to-go box, or to bring me one so i can do it.

jcent

BTD Crown Jewel
LisaLou said:
I think I'll give this a go when I get back jcent - beefed up abit with all US portions and the cocktails by the pool
I have a terrible habit of eating everything given to me on my plate. Can't... Stop.... Eating.... Hehe
I try to fill up on veggies and salad, and then eat the rest. I eat until I am full though, lol, I really like to eat too.

I do that also Jcent.

Also the salad, at olive garden I eat a LOT of salad, then bring entree home, and it's at least 2 meals.

Are restaurant portions smaller in Aussie LisaLou? The good thing about ours is I always have lunch for a couple of days.

^_^ I am currently doing the low carb intake (<20G) a day. I am not really hungry, I am just having a HARD time finding items that are low carb in my pantry or fridge. Lesson learned and now shopping for more vegetables, some fruits fruits, more lean proteins.

I use the app MyFitnessPal to stay on track on what vitamins I am still lacking for the day and how many carbs, trans fat, etc. that I've already eaten.

Keep us posted!

Low carb all the way whenever I have something important coming up I always do a week of low carb so I feel comfy in whatever I'm wearing and always lose 6 pounds.

Suz definitely much bigger here. One thing I love is how you get a pickle with every sandwich. Big pickle lover here!! And you PACK it with meat! Which I love. My waistline does not love it.. But I sure do.

I've had to learn to always hold the mayo and butter - I've not seen sandwiches toasted in butter before and my mum is allergic to butter so given I didn't grow up on it I'm not a huge fan which makes me a pain in the toosh to go fine dining with. DH is used to my weird exceptions to literally every order I make now.

Portions in oz I would say are reasonable - conservative (the more expensive the restaurant usually the smaller the size i find) some meals indefinitely could do with 1/2 but then I do have my special problem where if its there I eat it so maybe they're designed to be halved and I'm just a pig hehe.

here we have been very shocked with some salads I've ordered and pastas etc. at home an entree is a small serving but here it doesn't seem to be.. I learnt that the hard way too. No wonder my jeans don't fit!!! Hehe.

I'm at LAX now so upset to be leaving! We land 6am Thursday morning in Sydney and I have a consult with my friends personal trainer 5:30pm that same day. Hope I can get rid of a kg or two before work Monday morning otherwise I'll be wearing my beach sarong or jeans!!

Sparkling icicle - I definitely need to use myfitness pal more.. I find if I'm under my cal count for the day though that I then sneak more stuff in. I'm hopeless. I love food. I keep ricotta in the fridge to have with berries for a sweet craving when I'm eating healthy - that's low carb right? I'll really miss fruit but its not forever I suppose.

Will keep updating as I go. I don't think it will be a quick process

6 pounds in a week!?!? Shut the front door!!!
That's amazing. Oh I'm sold. Carb withdrawals here I come!!!

Do you have enough energy to exercise? I wanted to try to walk everyday to the beach near my home and do some weights too for toning. I can put a pencil between my bum cheek and thigh and it will hold it haha. Not ideal.

I wasn't at goal for our wedding but I DREAD to think how many kgs I gained the month after wedding and then over the course of the 5 week honeymoon. I think 12lbs is possible. Oooops!

elf925

The Pink Orchid
It is really really REALLY hard to find super low or no carb stuff. Especially when you have other people in the house who don't eat that way. I've tried and I ended up eating the exact same things every day for months and months. You kinda just find what you can eat and stick with it as its too much work to keep searching for stuff you can eat.

I've adopted a low carb, sensible diet. I eat around 900-1000 calories a day, low fat, high protein, low carb. I also eat everything between 11-5 so I do a modified IF as well. And I work out five times a week.

Am I the thin super model I always wanted to be? No. But I'm healthier than I've ever been and I feel pretty darn good!

LisaLou said:
6 pounds in a week!?!? Shut the front door!!!
That's amazing. Oh I'm sold. Carb withdrawals here I come!!!

Do you have enough energy to exercise? I wanted to try to walk everyday to the beach near my home and do some weights too for toning. I can put a pencil between my bum cheek and thigh and it will hold it haha. Not ideal.

I wasn't at goal for our wedding but I DREAD to think how many kgs I gained the month after wedding and then over the course of the 5 week honeymoon. I think 12lbs is possible. Oooops!
I'm around the corner from you in North Sydney! No way I would walk on the beach in this weather it's freezing today! I don't eat any carbs at all for the week so it's NIL carbs so weight loss is heaps quick it des leave me with no energy for the first 2 days but after that I'm fine.

Thanks guys. You are really exciting me!!! I am going to research low carb meal ideas! I love lean meats and veg so dinner is fine it's the breakfasts on the go and lunches that scare me. Lots of tinned tuna and salmon and salad I guess!! Might cook up a frittata to take for breakfast so I don't get tempted to eat toast in the office.

Thanks for the tip klaudismum! Will look it up when I'm home. Is it really that cold!? I'll die. I've been poolside all trip except for San Fran and some bipolar days in NYC. I was going to walk to balmoral each morning and do the burn hill you know awaba st? My bum aches for DAYS after doing it. Such a good work out. I'll have to rug up

Oh hang on. Low carb means no alcohol right!? Red wine is my emotional crutch in winter :(((

LisaLou said:
Thanks guys. You are really exciting me!!! I am going to research low carb meal ideas! I love lean meats and veg so dinner is fine it's the breakfasts on the go and lunches that scare me. Lots of tinned tuna and salmon and salad I guess!! Might cook up a frittata to take for breakfast so I don't get tempted to eat toast in the office.

Thanks for the tip klaudismum! Will look it up when I'm home. Is it really that cold!? I'll die. I've been poolside all trip except for San Fran and some bipolar days in NYC. I was going to walk to balmoral each morning and do the burn hill you know awaba st? My bum aches for DAYS after doing it. Such a good work out. I'll have to rug up

Oh hang on. Low carb means no alcohol right!? Red wine is my emotional crutch in winter :(((
It freezing here today and really windy I went for a walk this morning and my lips felt like they were going to crack off!

And yes no red wine but I will have a extra glass for you with dinner 2nite ;-)))

I think what helps me stay on this is our lifestyle. Traditional chinese dinner are mistly steamed fish and boiled or steamed vegetsbles. It also helps that Asian snacks are mostly protein. So I have been really snacking on seasoned anchovy snacks, and other seafood snacks (I still watch what I eat to avoid excessive sodium). Honestly, if I stop grocery shopping from Safeway and stick to Chinatown, I'd minimize our grocery bills and my waistline. >.< that won't happen fully, but I'm trying!

Reading testimonials on low carb, I can definitely contribute. Already lost 5 pounds in one week. Walk daily, uphill for 30 minutes. I had tons of energy really. Drank water--tons of water. Whenever I feel like craving, I grab water bottle. Lol doesn't always work, but I'm getting better at not giving in.

Hi guys, just wanted to touch base after my PT assessment today.
I didn't ask for my weight - I want to focus on decreasing my body fat and not get hung up on a number.

My body fat is 20.5% mostly in my lower body. I have to cut out all soy products (sad face) because anything that produces more estrogen will promote fat storage in those areas.

I have alot of muscular instabilities and he's working with me to realign them all. I am so super excited!!

I think he will be encouraging a high protein low carb diet too and today I went ahead and bought a whole lot of turkey mince and veggies and will do my proper shop tomorrow after my session. excited and motivated. Not sure if I should eat the yogurt I bought (chobani) might have them early in the day and then not buy them again.

Excited to see the nutrition plan he gives me!!!
Will share with you all if you're interested.

klaudismum said:
For a great workout with quick weightless google turbo fire I love it!
Just received TurboFire, along w/Shakeology(which has a lot of + reviews). It is loaded w/ a ton of healthy things and is supposed to curb your desire for carbs. I previously did TurboJam. I usually use the elliptical and switch off w/cycling that is connected to a trainer on the computer and you can follow different courses electronically. But, I am really looking forward to the change up w/TurboFire to switch it up a bit. They food plan they recommend is lean protein based , low carb, with plenty of vegetable
, and some fruit.