Pls post your best brownies & chocolate chip cookies recipes

Unfortunately, brownies and chocolate chip cookies aren't a big tradition in Europe. I really love them and want to try the best recipes you ladies want to share. Pls include any tips too. Thanks everyone!

A place without chocolate chip cookies makes me very sad. Hurry up and bake a batch and spread the joy! I like my cookies without nuts so I consider that an optional ingredient.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you like pumpkin, I have an amazing Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookie recipe. Every person that has ever aye one, asked me for the recipe.

I will see if I can dig it up!

Please share, chebella! The only pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe I have found is textured like a pillowy muffin top and I don't like that. Is yours like a 'regular' cookie?

It is, some would say it is a cross between a cookie and a brownie. Almost a dense cake-like. They are not super sweet either. It is my favorite cookie now!

The way I see it, pumpkin is good for you, so I can eat more!

Cricketgrrl

BTD Crown Jewel
Milady said:
Please share, chebella! The only pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe I have found is textured like a pillowy muffin top and I don't like that. Is yours like a 'regular' cookie?
+1!

Ok, here it is:

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 egg
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking poweder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cups chocolate chips

Preheat over to 300 degrees. Cream butter with sugar. Beat until fluffy. Blend in pumpkin, egg and vanilla. Mixture will look slightly curdled.

In another bowl, sift flour, baking soda, backing powder, cinnamon. nutmeg and salt. Add to butter mixture and blend well.

Fold in chocolate chips, do not overmix.

Using a large spoon, scoop dough onto baking sheet cover with parchement paper. Do not crowd cookies on sheet, they will spread.

Bake 22 to 24 minutes. Makes 2 to 2 1/2 dozen cookies.

This is the best brownie recipe ever. You can add globs of peanut butter, add chips and/or nuts to the batter, whatever. It is really amazing and everyone loves them.

The recipe can be found here: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/outrageous-brownies-recipe3/index.html

Ina Garten's Outrageous Brownies

1 pound unsalted butter
1 pound plus 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
6 extra-large eggs
3 tablespoons instant coffee granules (I USE ONLY 1 TBSP)
2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract (USE THE REAL THING)
2 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups chopped walnuts

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Butter and flour a 12 x 18 x 1-inch baking sheet.

Melt together the butter, 1 pound of chocolate chips, and the unsweetened chocolate in a medium bowl over simmering water. Allow to cool slightly. In a large bowl, stir (do not beat) together the eggs, coffee granules, vanilla, and sugar. Stir the warm chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and allow to cool to room temperature.

In a medium bowl, sift together 1 cup of flour, the baking powder, and salt. Add to the cooled chocolate mixture. Toss the walnuts and 12 ounces of chocolate chips in a medium bowl with 1/4 cup of flour, then add them to the chocolate batter. Pour into the baking sheet.

Bake for 20 minutes, then rap the baking sheet against the oven shelf to force the air to escape from between the pan and the brownie dough. Bake for about 15 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Do not overbake! Allow to cool thoroughly, refrigerate, and cut into 20 large squares.

Dana ♥

The Centenary Diamond
i no longer get to make regular chocolate chip cookies, as i've gotten everyone hooked on cake mix cookies.

1 box yellow cake mix
1 stick of butter or margarine
1 egg
1 cup chocolate chips (approx - use more or less to your preference)
splash of water (optional, use if necessary)

preheat oven to 350*
in a large mixing bowl, place one stick of butter. then into the microwave to melt the butter. (or use fully softened, room-temperature butter. i always forget to sit it out in time to do that, though!)
dump yellow cake mix powder on top of the butter, crack the egg into the bowl.
mix or stir well. once blended, add chocolate chips and stir them in. add a splash (tablespoon or so) of water only if necessary if dough is too stiff.

lightly spray cookie sheet with non-stick substance of your choice, or use silicone baking mat. cookies can be either dropped by spoonfulls or shaped by hand into prettier shapes.

bake for about 20 minutes, depending on your oven.

in a pinch, you can skip the egg, but the cookies will be a little crumblier and won't be very good the next day.

you can also omit the chocolate chips, and just make yellow cake cookies, and top with icing.
i've also made this recipe, without the chocolate chips, using red velvet cake mix, and then using cream cheese icing.

on the same token, i'm also no longer allowed to make old-fashioned peanut butter cookies. i have to make the 3 ingredient, Magic, kind.

1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg

mix all three ingredients together, roll dough into 1"-2" balls, press flat onto cookie sheet, bake for about 10 minutes at 350*

makes a small batch, really good when hot... not so good the next day.

Dana ♥

The Centenary Diamond
it really is easy. and it really is VERY tasty. it's that yellow-cake-batter kind of flavour, but then with chocolate chips. or skip the chips and add a little icing and it's like super-concentrated cake flavoured cookies.

the closest thing i can compare them to, cookie-wise, is the prepackaged ones you can sometimes find at the grocery store, in clear plastic clamshells near the bakery section, soft, white cookies with a fondant type icing and sprinkles. if you use a white cake mix instead of yellow, you get a similar sort of end result.

boxed cake mixes have been tested and formulated to be just about failproof, so they lend themselves perfectly to making cookies.

my mom and i first make Cakemix Cookies when i was in middle school, and she's been hooked on 'em ever since.

also, the Magic Peanut Butter Cookies are fantastic to make when you have little helpers. since there's no real measuring involved, no flour, etc. i don't always even measure the peanut butter or the sugar, just kinda guesstimate it. i've also used half chunky peanut butter to add crunch, and used raw sugar as sprinkles on the top before baking.

Thanks for the recipes everyone, they all sound delicious!

Dana ♥ said:
the closest thing i can compare them to, cookie-wise, is the prepackaged ones you can sometimes find at the grocery store, in clear plastic clamshells near the bakery section, soft, white cookies with a fondant type icing and sprinkles. if you use a white cake mix instead of yellow, you get a similar sort of end result.
WOW, I LOVE those cookies...I need to try this recipe. Thanks!!