pet cat & interesting insect...

these are pics of the wifes kitty-a bombay-and a smart spider who got out of the irene storm just a few weeks ago. the spider showed about 8 hours before the storm hit us & left after the storm passed. i think the spider was female because of the size-4.5" across body to tip of the legs-i think she was a wolf spider-not poisonus-just impressive looking-the wife loves her cat-steve...

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy shart! I wouldn't have been so welcoming! Glad the spider was kind enough not to overstay her welcome!

I don't think the kitty likes its picture taken! hehe...

<<-- loves cats. hates spiders.

Cool spider! We leave spiders to do their job when they move in with us(unless poisonous) . Webs are only removed when no longer used. Your wife's cat is gorgeous
I've had many breeds but never a Bombay. ~Red

sparklee

The Millenium Star
Pssssst! A spider is not an insect - it's an arachnid!!!

I tend to leave spiders alone as long as they're outside, but if they decide to move in they have to go.

Cute kitty!

RooGirl

BTD Crown Jewel
EEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!

.... I would curl up with a snake before I would a spider....

Oh yes - I leave spiders too! The only time I remove a cobweb from the outside door frame is if I'm having persnickety company. I welcome these little buddies because I can not handle mosquito bites.

And I'll say it again - your cat=love. So adorable!!!!! I love that she's hanging out with Momma near the keyboard!

Cool pics! I respect spiders and really can't kill anything that is not attacking me. But I don't like them in my house. DD and I usually take them out in a plastic cup. But we are cringing as we do it. lol

this is a pic of my hugger when she was about 8 yrs old-this was about 1987 & she was a good pet-a little over 8ft.-steve...

Attachments

RooGirl

BTD Crown Jewel
I would much rather see that then the spider.... a man my Husband knows has a 12 footer that he lets run around his house every evening when he gets home from work ... he will go set down on his couch and it will slither up on it with him and curl up beside him....

...... nothing like seeing a man with his snake....

...... HEY !!!! Get your minds out of the gutter.....

RooGirl

BTD Crown Jewel
Re: calling roogirl....

LOL!!!! I seen..... I wasn't going back in there unless I had to with that spider.....

LOLOLOL I love snakes! I used to work as an intern at an environmental education center and I did a "Snake Talk" every week where I got to feed a mouse to a corn snake. Corn snakes are some of the most docile, loving pets I've ever known. I can't speak to boas, but I have been around a few and they also seem like nice creatures. There are few things in this world cooler than the way a snake feels curling around your arm. I always liked to hold them nice and close so they could get warmed up and fall asleep across my shoulders. I also had a tiny green snake I would wear in my hair while typing letters at the reception desk... it always surprised people but that adorable little snake was the perfect way to warm people up to the idea of snakes... he was bright green pencil sized guy... very cute!

Anyway Steve, your snake looks like a fun guy! A little big for my tastes, but I don't like handling snakes over 6 feet without assistance from another person because I'm so short! lol

RooGirl

BTD Crown Jewel
My Husbands friend is in the environmental conservation line of work...

.......... I would have loved to seen peoples faces when they realized you had a snake in your hair....

sparklee

The Millenium Star
MrsElleMonk said:
Corn snakes are some of the most docile, loving pets I've ever known.

Our own Casey has a corn snake. I hope she won't mind, but there are picture of her snake in this thread. It's a real beauty!!!

I rather like snakes too.........

kimicarol

The Centenary Diamond
sparklee said:
MrsElleMonk said:
Corn snakes are some of the most docile, loving pets I've ever known.
Our own Casey has a corn snake. I hope she won't mind, but there are picture of her snake in this thread. It's a real beauty!!!

I rather like snakes too.........
Of course I don't mind.... Cayenne is still doing fine in her new home in Virginia. She rode in the back of my SUV on the trip from OR to VA... but when the A/C fan went out in my Honda we were afraid it might have gotten too hot for her in back where she was riding, so she got moved to DHs truck.... everyone (two dogs and a snake) bailed out on me when the A/C died and I was the only lucky one that got to drive with the windows down in 100 degree weather - it was a LONG two days.

MrsElleMonk said:
LOLOLOL I love snakes! I used to work as an intern at an environmental education center and I did a "Snake Talk" every week where I got to feed a mouse to a corn snake. Corn snakes are some of the most docile, loving pets I've ever known. I can't speak to boas, but I have been around a few and they also seem like nice creatures. There are few things in this world cooler than the way a snake feels curling around your arm. I always liked to hold them nice and close so they could get warmed up and fall asleep across my shoulders. I also had a tiny green snake I would wear in my hair while typing letters at the reception desk... it always surprised people but that adorable little snake was the perfect way to warm people up to the idea of snakes... he was bright green pencil sized guy... very cute!

Anyway Steve, your snake looks like a fun guy! A little big for my tastes, but I don't like handling snakes over 6 feet without assistance from another person because I'm so short! lol
Okay - do you happen to have a picture of you wearing the green snake in your hair?!? That would be cool to see! I used to LOVE the little green snakes, the way they would curl around my fingers when I was a child.

Steve - love your kitty. Want to hurt the spider picture. ACK. LOL. Your boa is very cute too!

since u asked nice-here is the pic of the emerald green tree boa i owned several years ago-she was hand tamed & brought up feeding on mice & a little over 5 ft long-very impressive 2 c in person-she was sold back to the store where i bought her to a very happy owner-steve...

Attachments