Pandora Bracelet turning copper, help :(

braziliangirl

The Black Orlov
Ladies, I got that bracelet a month ago and it is turning copper-ish (pink).
I washed with a soft brush and mild soap as I was told and also polish with silver cloth and it seems to still be turning pinkish...is it normal???

I never wear silver stuff...what can I do to clean?? Help

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd take it back to the store you got it from and see what they say. I've had silver items (not jewelery) do that and its the silver plate coming off. It could also just be tarnish but its hard to say without seeing it.

poppyseed

The Florentine Diamond
is it marked 925 silver? could it be tarnishing? Maybe try some silver polish to see if it comes off. Mine has a little bit of black in spots but it comes off w/ silver cleaner.

When my friend bought hers she couldnt decide on the darker or lighter of the two. The guy told her the silver-y one would tarnish, and the darker one wouldnt really. I thought he told her it would get darker though... hmm...

Funny, that was exactly a year ago today....

Dana ♥

The Centenary Diamond
i know absolutely nothing about pandora, but the best way to keep silver jewelry from tarnishing, is to wear it. so if you've been wearing this bracelet, and didn't notice this happening until you polished it with a silver polishing cloth?

then it seems like your bracelet was silverplate over copper.

if you rub vigorously on one spot with the cloth, and notice the pink tinge getting deeper....that'd be the silverplate coming off.

braziliangirl

The Black Orlov
I'm not sure..I had it off for a week and went to wear it and was like that

I will try silver cleaner I guess. Tks guys

JoycelovesJems

The Florentine Diamond
sparklee said:
A few of my silver pieces do that. I just dip them into silver cleaner and they come out as good as new.......
Do NOT put pandora in the liquid silver cleaner - it can destroy it!
From the Pandora website:
WARNING:
DO NOT EXPOSE PANDORA JEWELRY TO CHEMICALS. Silver pieces are given detail by oxidation. Exposure to harsh chemicals can alter the appearance of your PANDORA product. These chemicals include, but are not limited to, liquid silver polish, and chemicals commonly found in pools, hot tubs and spas. Oxidized silver and pearls are easily damaged.

penguin

Connoisseur
Oh my, I hope you get it figured out soon BG! I'll be watching this thread to see if you're able to get it clean or exchanged, etc. I know when we got my Pandora last week, DH was told it had a 1 year warranty. If yours is new - does it cover that? Maybe a Pandora dealer can clean it for you? (not sure how it all works)

The same thing happened to mine...I had it for about 2 years. They blamed it on perfume. Sometimes I would spray it then immediately put my bracelet on. They wouldn't do anything about it
My DH bought me a CHAMILIA bracelet for Christmas and it is still in excellent condition.

Hope you get it clean!

Dana ♥

The Centenary Diamond
i'm hopeful that just normal wearing of it will restore it to the proper colour, if all it was was tarnish

braziliangirl

The Black Orlov
Thanks guys. DH bought it at Jared's, they sell Pandora. I will be calling the store today and ask. DH wasn't told anything on warranty...so I do not know.I'm heartbroken, never thought would happen and the thing is I do not wear it everyday...so if it sits there it will turnish!?! That's news to me

JoycelovesJems

The Florentine Diamond
At our Jared, we have special Pandora cleaner . . . and if that doesn't work, the jewelers can run it through the tumbler and that usually makes it come out good as new.

poppyseed

The Florentine Diamond
braziliangirl said:
Thanks guys. DH bought it at Jared's, they sell Pandora. I will be calling the store today and ask. DH wasn't told anything on warranty...so I do not know.I'm heartbroken, never thought would happen and the thing is I do not wear it everyday...so if it sits there it will turnish!?! That's news to me
Not to worry! Once you get it cleaned, there are containers or cloths to wrap it where you can store it to prevent tarnish, if you are not wearing it daily.

http://www.interceptjewelrycare.com/cat_1-Products.html