Our New Years Eve Dinner - Indian Food!!!

Materialgirl- I made the Vij Family Curry last night and OMG!!! That was the best I have EVER had!! It was fairly labor intensive, but SO worth it. Even my 8 y-o DS liked it. I tried to follow the recipe to the letter, except I used chicken breast instead of thighs.

Does it freeze well? The recipe does make a huge batch, and I have enough left over for another complete meal.

Thank you for the awesome recipe! I'll have to try some of the others that have been posted.

Jenny said:
Materialgirl- I made the Vij Family Curry last night and OMG!!! That was the best I have EVER had!! It was fairly labor intensive, but SO worth it. Even my 8 y-o DS liked it. I tried to follow the recipe to the letter, except I used chicken breast instead of thighs.

Does it freeze well? The recipe does make a huge batch, and I have enough left over for another complete meal.

Thank you for the awesome recipe! I'll have to try some of the others that have been posted.
I froze mine too this time but I didn't the first time. DH says it will be fine, I was worried about the sour cream but he says (and he used to be a chef) that since the sour cream was cooked, it's okay. I'm thinking of thawing mine out in the next couple of weeks, I wouldn't keep it longer than a month. Glad you enjoyed it - it is a bit labour intensive, I prepared mine in stages so it didn't seem so bad, and I did it when my kids were out of the house. The first time we had it, we used the leftover sauce with shrimp and it was really good, this time though, we didn't have as much extra sauce, I think because dh didn't use the right amount of chicken.

Last edited by a moderator:
ocMrsB said:
i have 2 killer indian recipes i'll post sometime, one is for garlic naan and the other is for chicken tikka masala.

mmmmm!!
OMG I LOVE chicken tikka masala....wow...post a recipe I want to try making that at home. my hubby is a killer cook with Indian food for some reason....yumyum!

Last edited by a moderator: