Our DIY Wedding in a Factory!(Pic Heavy)

We got married in November in an old nuts and bolts factory turned into a loft in Rhode Island(my husband grew up in RI). It was everything we were looking for style-wise. I designed and decorated every single detail for our wedding from a thousand miles away(we live in Indiana), never having even seen the space in person. I made this paper rosette covered screen for a back drop for our ceremony.

As the sun set, we got this wonderful glowy room during the ceremony.

My son and daughter were our best man and maid of honor.

It really was a perfect day!

Our head table

The uplighting looked so amazing!

Grey Ombre Ruffle Cake

I also did the entire candy buffet myself. I picked out all the candy and containers from amazon and oriental trading. I had a few bakers on Etsy do the custom cake pops. I set it up the evening before the wedding.

I made/put together all of the favors as well

Our canvas guestbook

My husband and I also did the invitations too!

Sorry about so many pictures, it is just so hard to choose when you had such an amazing photographer!

jcent

BTD Crown Jewel
What a beautiful wedding!! I love your colours and venue. It was very well done, congrats!!!! And you make a beautiful family.

Thank you so much! I had so much fun planning it, and setting up all the details. Aqua, grey and white are mine, and my daughter's favorite colors.

Aurora

Connoisseur
Wow you are very talented! Your wedding was gorgeous ~ love the colors! Congratulations!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you. I had so much fun planning it. I was worried doing it a thousand miles away, and only phone calls to vendors, but I think it all came together wonderfully.

First of all, welcome and congratulations!

Secondly, WOW! I have zero creative ability so I am in awe of the amazing job you did and from long distance which impresses me even more. I absolutely love your choice of colors and think everything looks so beautiful. I love your style and all the details that you designed and decorated.

The bridal party attire is at the top of my favorites list. Your dress looks amazing on you, and your daughter also looks so pretty in hers. I particularly enjoyed the matching jewelry and your husband and son's tennis shoes!

Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful pictures with us and I wish you and your family many many happy years together!

Thank you! I had chucks on underneath my dress as well. My daughter had to have the matching glitter shoes to her dress, though, which suited her perfectly. Since, like me, her favorite color is glitter.