New Colorless H & A Moissanite (videos)

Hello everyone...I received my 3 stone ring from MoCo today. All three stones are the new Colorless H & A Moissanite. Middle stone is 1.19 ct and F color VVS2 clarity. What do you think of the stone? (Not the ring just the stone) ;)

Video taken outside in direct sunlight and inside in natural light.

I'll post the video for the SHAG for comparison below (H color and I think VVS1)

Last edited:
It's very pretty and sparkly! I'd be more interested to know what you think of the stone since you're probably one of the few who have seen the h&a moissy AND the SH AG in person! Which do you prefer or what are their differences?

Even though in this vid the h&a moissy looks to have more fire, to my eyes the AG seems more diamond like? (again I'm very inexperienced with stones so please correct me if I'm wrong) Something about the depth and crispness of the AG.. I can't wait to see the performance in person, I feel like a lot of the fire is lost through the camera lens.

Thank you for sharing your videos with us :) It is great to be able to see a comparison between the H&A Moissy & the SH AG.
On my screen,the H&A Moissy looks far more lively & has a wonderful surface luster,however,the cut does not look quite as crisp as the SH AG.I still don't like the flatness of the SH AG,so,overall the H&A Moissy gets my vote :)

Thanks for the comparison videos @bann23! I got impatient after waiting forever for an Amora so bought a colorless H&A last week and am currently having it set in my ring. I know the camera can't capture everything, but from what I can tell from the videos (and my own personal taste) I think I made the right decision for me with the Moissy. I would love to hear your thoughts though, having actually seen them both in person.

I really like both stones! The moissy is an F color and I prefer that over the H color Amora. Both are the same clarity. I prefer the cut of the Amora (by a tiny bit) as it looks more crisp and defined like a "perfect" diamond....almost too perfect. I'm trying to replace my 1.75 ct pear halo anniversary ring that I lost a few weeks ago so I'm going to keep the 3 stone H & A moissy to wear on my left hand while I figure out what I want to do...then I will switch it to my right if I ever replace my lost ring with a real diamond. Overall, I prefer the H & A because it sparkles more than the Amora (but the H & A is not as sparkly as the F1 and FB). I'm not a fan of the F1 or FB.

I'm going to return SHAG. I don't think you can go wrong with either stone...just depends on what traits you want in your stone. Hope this helps all of you trying to decide. :)

Thanks for the great videos! I just want to mention that I have purchased four AG's over the past couple of years.

Three of the four did not come fully to life until after I gave them a quick rub with a Sunshine Polishing Cloth and then wiped them clean with rubbing alcohol. I don't know why, but the fire increased pretty dramatically on three of them.

Additionally, I bought two almost identical AG Ultras in size, one graded E and the other graded F. The E stone was alive and full of fire straight out of the paper. The F stone did not look as crisp or have as much fire (colored sparkle), and I could clearly tell them apart. After using the Sunshine cloth on them, the F Ultra behaved and looked so similar in color to the E stone, that I was no longer 100% certain which was which.

Just thought I would mention this, in case you want to try giving the AG a quick polish (or even cleaning it with a microfiber cloth and rubbing alcohol) to see if it makes any difference before you return it.

I also want to add that AG's look quite different when surrounded by metal than they do loose, and I even notice a difference from one color metal to another. I feel that comparing set stones to unset stones is sort of an apples to oranges thing.

Thanks for the great videos! I just want to mention that I have purchased four AG's over the past couple of years.

Three of the four did not come fully to life until after I gave them a quick rub with a Sunshine Polishing Cloth and then wiped them clean with rubbing alcohol. I don't know why, but the fire increased pretty dramatically on three of them.

Additionally, I bought two almost identical AG Ultras in size, one graded E and the other graded F. The E stone was alive and full of fire straight out of the paper. The F stone did not look as crisp or have as much fire (colored sparkle), and I could clearly tell them apart. After using the Sunshine cloth on them, the F Ultra behaved and looked so similar in color to the E stone, that I was no longer 100% certain which was which.

Just thought I would mention this, in case you want to try giving the AG a quick polish (or even cleaning it with a microfiber cloth and rubbing alcohol) to see if it makes any difference before you return it.

I also want to add that AG's look quite different when surrounded by metal than they do loose, and I even notice a difference from one color metal to another. I feel that comparing set stones to unset stones is sort of an apples to oranges thing.
I totally agree. Stones look completely different when in a setting. But for the direction I've chosen to go, it seems to make more sense to keep the ring with the smaller stones in the moissanite rather than the one larger stone in the Amora. Maybe some day (hopefully in the not so distant future) the SH AG will be readily available in several sizes and colors. There are just too many other choices available nowadays to wait. Honestly, I would be perfectly happy with either the stone. :)

Hi @bann23, thank you so so much for these videos! I don't think you can go wrong with either choice, they each seem to have their own form of beauty. In terms of sparkle, do you think the SHAG is more like a diamond, or the H&A moissy?

Super glad to hear your thoughts, @bann23 ! They match with my observations when I see your videos. Both stones look nice, but to my eyes I think I prefer the fire of the H&A since it looks more lively to me. But I do see some fire from the SH, and I do think the cut is gorgeous. Both are beautiful in their own way, and I'm glad you found something you are happy with while you search for a replacement for your pear!

Is the Amora flat like the F1 or are the crowns of the SH Amora and Colorless H&A similar?
The AG is cut like an H&A diamond (similar to the H&A moissanite), and thus they both have higher crowns than the F1. The F1 is cut to maximize fire and brilliance of the material, but correspondingly the cut is less diamond-like than the SHAG or H&A moissy.

I totally agree. Stones look completely different when in a setting. But for the direction I've chosen to go, it seems to make more sense to keep the ring with the smaller stones in the moissanite rather than the one larger stone in the Amora. Maybe some day (hopefully in the not so distant future) the SH AG will be readily available in several sizes and colors. There are just too many other choices available nowadays to wait. Honestly, I would be perfectly happy with either the stone. :)
I am glad you were able to get a ring that makes you happy! I can't even imagine how sick I would feel if I had lost such a beautiful diamond ring, and I am sure it would take me a long while to figure out what to replace it with. Buying a three stone that you can switch to your right hand later on seems like a perfect solution!

talk-admin

Administrator
Staff member
Is the Amora flat like the F1 or are the crowns of the SH Amora and Colorless H&A similar?
Hi AvieBear,
The Amora has a higher crown like an H&A diamond.

From seeing the grading reports posted on the MoCo H&A, it also has a diamond-like crown though different angles.

The F1 (and FB and classic Moissanite) is unique with it's flat-top crown. Unfortunately it's a pretty obvious give-away from the side view that it's moissanite since diamonds simply are not cut like that.

Best regards,
Less

@bann23, if you haven't returned your SHAG just yet, do you think you could post a video of your H&A ring and the SHAG side by side in some other lighting? I'm particularly interested in seeing the stones under indoor spotlights, but I will love anything that you post.