Need to loose weight! Please help!!!

I am fairly overweight 235 and I need to be below 200 for my wedding in late September! My overall goal is 145-150! I weighed that about 8 years ago. I want to try HCG!!! Please ladies tell me a GREAT HCg that's out there! Also tell me your experience ! Thank you !

MissCassie

The Pink Orchid
I would go to a well qualified doctor/dietician who specializes in this who can set you up on an HCG pill and meal plan to help you steadily and safely lose weight. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

I talked to my doctor a couple of weeks ago about it. They were selling the drops at Wal Mart. He looked it up and said the FDA had banned all sales other than the injections you get from the doctor. They banned the "non-shots" because they didn't work. I guess they weren't very strong or something. If you do this, go to a doctor or weight loss center and get some good help and supervision. I had a friend who did it and she said it was supposed to reset our setpoint weight. She lost a lot of weight on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

jcent

BTD Crown Jewel
I think E.Taylor is a good person to ask. I am sure there are still homeopathic drops out there that work, but I doubt they are the ones at Walmart.

I would never buy the drops from Wal-mart. My mom and I got some from a local health food/ vitamin store. It was the same price as Walmart but double the size, and they did work. My mom lost 60 lbs over the summer.

elf925

The Pink Orchid
HCG really is hit or miss, some people swear by it but most studies and medical reports I've seen say its bad for you. (I dont know, Im sure there is other stuff out there, just saying what I've seen)

Thirty five pounds between now and Sept is a little over 10 pounds a month and very, very doable with good old fashioned diet and exercise. Remember, for anything to be long-term, it must be an overall lifestyle change. Find a good diet that your body thrives on and a good exercise routine and you will thrive! You really dont need special pills or supplements.

Good Luck!

elf925 said:
HCG really is hit or miss, some people swear by it but most studies and medical reports I've seen say its bad for you. (I dont know, Im sure there is other stuff out there, just saying what I've seen)

Thirty five pounds between now and Sept is a little over 10 pounds a month and very, very doable with good old fashioned diet and exercise. Remember, for anything to be long-term, it must be an overall lifestyle change. Find a good diet that your body thrives on and a good exercise routine and you will thrive! You really dont need special pills or supplements.

Good Luck!
I have to agree with Elf on this!
I am also trying to lose a lot of weight and have done so before. I know it can be hard but the truth of it is, its about what you eat, how much, and how much your body moves.

Yes I agree with you ladies yet a part of me really wants to try the HCG!
@pink crush: can you tell tell me a bit more about the kind you and your mother got?

you can definitely count calories and do some simple exercise- brisk walking? If you cut about 500-700 calories a day, that should be enough (initially) to get you started. Like elf said, 10lbs a month really isn't terrible.

GingerKaBluey said:
elf925 said:

Good Luck!
I have to agree with Elf on this!
I am also trying to lose a lot of weight and have done so before. I know it can be hard but the truth of it is, its about what you eat, how much, and how much your body moves.
+1 to both posts.

Health is about a lifestyle change, not a reliance on bad science and magical pills. It's much cheaper and far better for your body. Really, there are so many published journal articles that prove through well-prepared, long-term experiments with control groups that hCG as a weight-loss method is a bunch of baloney; studies that claim otherwise have been found to have had methodological problems in experiment set-up, so conclusions were going to be faulty from the very beginning of testing. hCG as a diet (temporary or long-term) is really not worth your time or your money. That's the honest, scientific truth.

jcent

BTD Crown Jewel
I am an Atkins girl for weight loss, and for maintaining. Carbs nd sugar are not my friends. But whatever method you choose, needs to followed correctly. Have you read the HCG protocol? It is not just about drops... The very restricted calories definitely have a lot to do with it.

MissCassie

The Pink Orchid
It's true, nothing really beats good old fashioned diet and exercise, and it can be simple things to start with, no pop, no refined sugars, no fast food, more water, more vegetables, more fruit. Interesting point my human anatomy professor made to our class: muscle mass burns more calories just by existing than fat tissue does, and whenever someone asks him what exercise they should do for weight loss, he says weight lifting. Builds muscle while burning calories which in turn burn more calories just by their basal metabolic rate. It should not be your only source of exercise, but it could be a good start. Walking is also amazing.

When you are restricting calories to the extent I've seen suggested with HCG diets you would lose the weight without the HCG! It just isn't necessary and gives a false sense that you are doing something by taking the HCG when the key is calories and exercise.

I get your point ladies. I am aware that HCG involves a restricted diet and moderate exercise. I was one of those people that said " if i am only eating 500 calories then anyone can loose weight!" But i read that HCG focus on getting rid of actual body fat and just only eating 500 calories without the hcg will make you loose muscle. That was one of my main reasons for wanting to use HCG as too it will aid in weight loss.

jcent

BTD Crown Jewel
I just want to make sure that you have read the actual protocol.
I know so many people that try to tell me about Atkins, yet they have never actually read it cover to cover. They think I just eat pounds of bacon and patties from McD's...
I have not read the HCG protocol, so I don't know all it entails, but it has worked well for many people. I would totally give it a try!
I have also heard of people rebounding badly when off it...but I think that they are not following the maintenance protocol after they have lost.

akhiva05 said:
I get your point ladies. I am aware that HCG involves a restricted diet and moderate exercise. I was one of those people that said " if i am only eating 500 calories then anyone can loose weight!" But i read that HCG focus on getting rid of actual body fat and just only eating 500 calories without the hcg will make you loose muscle. That was one of my main reasons for wanting to use HCG as too it will aid in weight loss.
Why does one need the HCG if they are exercising? Moderate exercise and moderate weight training along with a reasonable calorie intake should be enough to maintain/build muscle. But, on 500 calories a day I suppose one may not have the energy to exercise. I may not like the exercise but nothing can take the place of it, IMO.

Personally, I would take a more balanced approach. There are some calorie/weight calculators that tell how many calories to eat to lose Xlbs in X time. Add in some exercise and you get a double benefit....additional calories burned and toning muscle. Of course it isn't exact and it doesn't tell you what kind of calories to eat (carbs vs protien etc.) but it might be a good place to start to see what it would take to get to your weight goal.

The only other thing I do is not focus too much on the scale. If you exercise while losing weight you might find the 'weight' not coming off as fast but your body size still changing. Remember, muscle weighs more than fat by volume. That's why a fit guy might weigh more than a comparably sized soft-in-the-belly guy. That's why BMI charts don't always work for athletic body types.
I don't care so much what the scale says but I like to be a size 10ish (depending on the clothes 8-12...I HATE it that we can't get consistent sizing in women's clothing. I mean, a men's 34x33 is 34x33. A woman's 12 might fit fine or I might swim in it! How am I supposed to shop like that!! OK, mini rant over, lol).
Anything less and I look skeletal, lol.

Good luck on meeting your wedding day goal!!