My unpleasant Amcor expirence.

Oh That's so disappointing, MissKK!! Thank you for sharing your experience although it probably took some careful consideration to do so. I hope you can use your refund to make your sparkly dreams come true!!!

poppyseed

The Florentine Diamond
We don't get it right or perfect 100% of the time, I don't think any company does. I offered to completely remake (not just fix) MissKK's ring, or replace it with another design, both offers were declined in favor of a full refund including shipping costs for the ring.

Again MissKK, I apologize that this was a negative experience for you.

Laurie

poppyseed said:
We don't get it right or perfect 100% of the time, I don't think any company does. I offered to completely remake (not just fix) MsKK's ring, or replace it with another design, both offers were declined in favor of a full refund including shipping costs for the ring.

Again MsKK, I apologize that this was a negative experience for you.

Laurie

Poppy did do all these things, for that I'm very appreciative and that part of this experience was plesent. Had it not been so close to the holidays I may have given a remake another try. I really do appreciate all that poppy has done for me. I wish Amcor the best and I hope everyone who still chooses to order from them will be satisfied with their purchases.

On a side note I still haven't been refunded all my money but I fully expect to get that in the next couple of days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. I don't claim to have an eye for detail but those faults are so glaring. It's understandable that you would want a refund and be hesitant to recommend them.

That said, no business can get everything right all the time. Any customer can have a bad experience and that experience may or may not indicate the usual quality/service of a provider. It's a shame this ring did not work out for you and if nothing else I'd expect your experience will encourage Amcor to avoid such a happening in the future.

morning glory said:
That said, no business can get everything right all the time.
I agree, but I am a firm believer in quality control and pride in ones work. If I owned a jewelry company I would not be proud of that.

The pictures say it all. That is totally unacceptable and should have never been sent to you like that. Nobody expects a company to get everything 100% all the time, but this is just unbelievable.

If I were you I would ask for and expect a total refund. I wouldn't want to have it remade either. There is just too many things wrong. Get your refund and start over. You will still have a beautiful center stone. Let us know if you get your full refund or not.

Deia

Omniscient
Poppy's customer service is wonderful, but the quality of the CUSTOM pieces can be dissapointing sometimes as I have noticed in several pictures, not just these. I agree that if it is a very sentimental piece or more than a casual/fun ring I wouldn't go for Amcor custom. However saying that several ladies have been happy with their custom rings from amcor, and their custom prices are hard to beat, but you do get what you pay for. I have yet to use them for custom work, and I still may, especially for simple earrings etc.

I would absolutely recommend Amcor for non custom work though!

MissKK said:
I agree, but I am a firm believer in quality control and pride in ones work. If I owned a jewelry company I would not be proud of that.
I am sure they are not proud of what they see in these pictures. I can't imagine anyone would want to claim it as their work...but someone from Amcor sent it out anyway. I'm not sure if it is reasonable for the owner to inspect every piece but everyone in the company should know not to send out a ring that looks like that.

BeMyValentine said:
Poppy's customer service is wonderful, but the quality of the CUSTOM pieces can be dissapointing sometimes as I have noticed in several pictures, not just these. I agree that if it is a very sentimental piece or more than a casual/fun ring I wouldn't go for Amcor custom. However saying that several ladies have been happy with their custom rings from amcor, and their custom prices are hard to beat, but you do get what you pay for.
+1

MissKK, congrats on getting through the past 2 years and coming out of it stronger than before. You deserve a high quality, beautiful & sparkly object to remind yourself of how special and great you are. I hope you get something worthy soon, sweetie!

Things will get better! Chin up! I have had horror stories with settings I saved up for a while to buy..actually I think I am going through one now with a vendor not listed here so I know how you feel. I havent seen the ring yet because he made the ring without bothering to send me any pics at all after me asking for about 3 wks to see pics when done..I paid Oct 18 and it is supposedly on it's way so I will know when it gets here what it is even? He has done custom work for me before and it turned out great and he sent pics for approval before mailing..but this time not only did it take too long ..I also have no idea if I am getting what I sent pics for..I just woke up yesterday morning to an email with a tracking number and no pics even though they were requested over and over so I am thinking something is fishy with the ring for no photos to be sent

Things will get better and work themselves out and this will seem distant. You have a full refund which is a great thing and can start fresh.

kangaroocrazy

The Florentine Diamond
Milady said:
BeMyValentine said:
Poppy's customer service is wonderful, but the quality of the CUSTOM pieces can be dissapointing sometimes as I have noticed in several pictures, not just these. I agree that if it is a very sentimental piece or more than a casual/fun ring I wouldn't go for Amcor custom. However saying that several ladies have been happy with their custom rings from amcor, and their custom prices are hard to beat, but you do get what you pay for.
+1

MissKK, congrats on getting through the past 2 years and coming out of it stronger than before. You deserve a high quality, beautiful & sparkly object to remind yourself of how special and great you are. I hope you get something worthy soon, sweetie!
+1,000
I totally agree and have had a similar experience with Amcor.
That is why my ring was done by David Klass.

Since this didn't work out this time..you can definately email David--he is doing a project for me once I get through paying for it. I also should have went with him for the ring I am hoping I get in the mail and I might have to get him to do it too depending on what arrives--but I have almost always used him unless I just bought something off the bistro or in person somewhere--to date he has made 8 things for me and they always came out perfect

Congrats MissKK on getting over whatever was so tough for you *hugs*, you deserve a ring that lives up to your expectations completely, I hope when you order a new one, it makes you happy, and you'll post pictures!

Reading through this post has been an eye opening experience for me. I think I am putting way to much importance and time on rings lately, and am very uncomfortable w/what I just read. I understand how upsetting it can be not getting "exactly" what we invisioned in our heads. It is disappointing, but perspective is everything. My glass is raised to you Miss KK for coming through whatever it is you survived. I wish you all the best,and I hope you eventually find a ring that can help you celebrate your life. No vendor is perfect, and at one time or another they have all taken heat on this forum from different people who were not pleased with the end result of a ring. Please don't any of you take this post the wrong way, I am not bashing anyone. I think a light bulb just went off in my head, and need to step back for a while. Wishing you all the best.

SB922, forgive me but I don't understand your reaction?
I thought this was a very civil review despite it being negative. MissKK even mentioned that Poppy was very helpful in trying to make her happy and there were no personal attacks. What part of this made you feel like you need to take a break?
I realize jewelry may seem petty to some people, but some of us only get a few nice things in our life - not several dozen - so it can be very upsetting when a sentimental piece of jewelry is "underwhelming" after a long and careful selection process.

Milady said:
SB922, forgive me but I don't understand your reaction?
It's often difficult to understand someone else's light bulb moment. I've had a few of those myself, most of us have. It doesn't mean that the trigger (this thread, for example) was bad or that anything is wrong. It's just how those light bulb moments happen sometimes.

I was just making sure we didn't say something offensive.
I've taken breaks from the forum before so I totally understand!