My rose cut ring is finished!

gemcat

Super Moderator
That setting is beyond gorgeous!! And the rose cut pear is so beautiful! Did the seller have any other info on it, i.e. where it came from, how old it is? I'm assuming it is a diamond, and generally new diamonds aren't cut as rose cuts. Hence the questions about it's history.

That setting is beyond gorgeous!! And the rose cut pear is so beautiful! Did the seller have any other info on it, i.e. where it came from, how old it is? I'm assuming it is a diamond, and generally new diamonds aren't cut as rose cuts. Hence the questions about it's history.
Its
It is actually a moissanite, believe it or not! I have two rose cut diamonds and it performs equal or better. Rose cuts are my favorite, so it was an impulse buy turned into adoration:)

jcent

BTD Crown Jewel
That is gorgeous!!!! And looks amazing in your hand. I love the shape too, and how ethereal the colour looks in yelow gold with those big chunky facets.

MrsGotRocks

The Imperial Diamond
What a grueling 5 weeks it was waiting on my ring! I had it set in 14k yellow gold, which I think compliments it nicely. It reminds me of a more refined version of a Cathy Waterman design, without the textured band. I just love the chubby pear shape :)

ETA: I took a video of it, just if anyone is interested :)

That is stunning. It's such a beautiful organic design. It's got substance and size, but is still delicate and graceful.

WOW that is something I never would have thunk to put together, and it is beautiful. I adore that stone, you were so lucky to find it (I am kinda jealous :oops:)!