My new obsession!

sparklee

The Millenium Star
OMG! My daughter got me to try one of these yesterday, and I have to say I am hooked. It is so yummy I feel like I'm consuming something naughty, but it contains so much goodness, it actually does a body good!!

I went back to the store today and bought a few other variations to try, and 5 more of these.......

Anyone else try these juices? I'm thinking they may be perfect for a 3 day detox!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love green smoothies and have been drinking them for years. They're pretty easy to make if you own a Vitamix or Blendtec and you get all the nutrition because those two blenders are powerful enough to break open the plant walls releasing all the vital nutrients. My favorite recipe at the moment is 2 cup kale, 1 cup spinach, 1 small banana, 2 cups 40 cal almond milk, 1 tbl almond butter and 2 dates. My hubby and I share this every morning for breakfast rotating the greens every month or so. My toddler loves them too but her favorite is OJ, kale and honey.

Dana ♥

The Centenary Diamond
oooo, i'm so glad i'm not the only one! i love those things!

i used to go visit a Harry's/Whole Foods when i had friends who worked there, and their freshmade smoothies were amaaaaaaazing. especially "The Green One".

they look AWFUL. but i love 'em. one of my other big addictions is the strawberry-banana one from Bolthouse Farms.

we're in the middle of remodelling our kitchen, and i'm hoping that once we're done, i'll have a teensy bit of counter space to call my own, where i can have a blender and make my own smoothies again!

I think it was called Blueberry Machine, that was my favorite.

I have actually used these for a fast and I liked them. They were thick enough to chase away the feelings of hunger!

e.taylor

The Black Orlov
germahaitianese said:
I love green smoothies and have been drinking them for years. They're pretty easy to make if you own a Vitamix or Blendtec and you get all the nutrition because those two blenders are powerful enough to break open the plant walls releasing all the vital nutrients. My favorite recipe at the moment is 2 cup kale, 1 cup spinach, 1 small banana, 2 cups 40 cal almond milk, 1 tbl almond butter and 2 dates. My hubby and I share this every morning for breakfast rotating the greens every month or so. My toddler loves them too but her favorite is OJ, kale and honey.
Me too. I got a vitamix for this express purpose 6 years ago. My kids LOVE them. Our favorite is spinach, strawberry, banana, water, almond butter and coconut oil.

The other I love is kale, banana, frozen raspberries and orange juice.

My favorite smoothie of all time (not green) is carrot juice, frozen banana, walnuts, and carrot cake spice. It's like drinking pumpkin pie!

I'm going to have to steal these smoothie recipes! My husband is obsessed with smoothies recently and unless I want to spend a small fortune at Smoothie King I need to figure something out!

Deia

Omniscient
We don't have the no sugar added version here, or at least I've never seen it. Wish they did, I would like to do a detox for maybe 3 or 5 days and this would have been pretty good!

BeMyValentine said:
We don't have the no sugar added version here, or at least I've never seen it. Wish they did, I would like to do a detox for maybe 3 or 5 days and this would have been pretty good!
You should check around and see if you can find any of the smoothies by Bolthouse Farms, they also have no sugar added smoothies that come in all different flavors. I have found them in my local grocery store as well as Costco.