Moissaniteco.com 4.5ctw Shared Prong Eternity

MrsGotRocks

The Imperial Diamond
I think there was a natural progression of stuff. I might just PM you soon. I'm thinking of getting a moissy eternity and remembered yours was like the perfect size to wear alone and to wear with a solitaire. Would love to see more pics and stats and hear a more thorough review now that you've lived with it for awhile.
@lorrissey and those of you wondering about the durability of moissanite and moissy eternities, this is a shared prong eternity ring I purchased from Moissaniteco.com in 2010. Aside from having to replace 1 stone a month after initial purchase (Moissaniteco.com and Mike C were very professional and courteous, all repaired to my complete satisfaction), the ring has held up very well over 6 years. I do wear it often and daily (errands, driving, shopping, date night w/ hubs) but have also babied my all my rings. I opt for a plain band if I know I will be at the gym lifting, playing tennis, at the beach, etc.

It's the ring I wear the most along with the one in my avatar. I get compliments on it all the time. I love this puppy!

Stats: Size 6.75 finger. Shared prong unenhanced moissy RB stones 18 x 4mm/.25ct equiv = 4.5 ctw in 14k white gold. Sits about 3.5mm in height off the finger and 4mm in width of ring

Last edited:

MrsGotRocks

The Imperial Diamond
Thanks for posting!!!! I was thinking of going for 3mm or 3.5mm. The depth (width between the fingers) never bothers you?
Not one bit, even from the first day I put it on. Seeing the pics, mine does look it spreads the fingers apart a little, but I don't feel it and it's very comfortable. The 2 sizes you're considering would make a great stand alone band, or with stacker bands. And the 3mm with an e-ring.

Mine's too large for the other solitaires/e-rings I won. I'd need 4 or 5 ct honker with a thick band to make it look proprtional.

I love this! I just ordered an eternity band from MoCo, 4.5 mm shared prong band. I just hope it doesn't show too much color. Do you have any issues with yours indoors or outdoors showing color?

omg @MrsGotRocks I'm SO happy you posted this! I got a 3/4 eternity recently (from Amcor), but have been thinking of eventually getting a full eternity...because I'm crazy and somehow the 1/4 without stones is bothering me. I'm also toying with the idea of going larger--again, totally nuts. But this was so helpful in terms of stone size, etc. @Lola1234 I hope you post yours as well!! I'd love to see as many moissy eternity bands as possible since they are so gorgeous!

@lorrissey and those of you wondering about the durability of moissanite and moissy eternities, this is a shared prong eternity ring I purchased from Moissaniteco.com in 2010. Aside from having to replace 1 stone a month after initial purchase (Moissaniteco.com and Mike C were very professional and courteous, all repaired to my complete satisfaction), the ring has held up very well over 6 years. I do wear it often and daily (errands, driving, shopping, date night w/ hubs) but have also babied my all my rings. I opt for a plain band if I know I will be at the gym lifting, playing tennis, at the beach, etc.

It's the ring I wear the most along with the one in my avatar. I get compliments on it all the time. I love this puppy!

Stats: Size 6.75 finger. Shared prong unenhanced moissy RB stones 18 x 4mm/.25ct equiv = 4.5 ctw in 14k white gold. Sits about 3.5mm in height off the finger and 4mm in width of ring

Your ring is absolutely gorgeous! I would have loved to get the full eternity but I was worried about damaging the stones underneath so I stuck with a seven stone band which I love.These little unenhanced stones really pack a sparkly punch :D

Last edited:
omg @MrsGotRocks I'm SO happy you posted this! I got a 3/4 eternity recently (from Amcor), but have been thinking of eventually getting a full eternity...because I'm crazy and somehow the 1/4 without stones is bothering me. I'm also toying with the idea of going larger--again, totally nuts. But this was so helpful in terms of stone size, etc. @Lola1234 I hope you post yours as well!! I'd love to see as many moissy eternity bands as possible since they are so gorgeous!
I will post as soon as I get it! It feels like it's taking forever but let them take their time making that beauty!

@MrsGotRocks, I forgot to ask: was this a custom order? Because when I go on their website they only seem to have the shared prong eternity without the "cut out" on the side (don't know the official term, but basically the "cut out" under where the stone sits that allows more light to come in). So the one on their site now just has solid metal on the sides, which I don't like. So curious if this was offered previously, or if you custom asked for it?

K
@MrsGotRocks, I forgot to ask: was this a custom order? Because when I go on their website they only seem to have the shared prong eternity without the "cut out" on the side (don't know the official term, but basically the "cut out" under where the stone sits that allows more light to come in). So the one on their site now just has solid metal on the sides, which I don't like. So curious if this was offered previously, or if you custom asked for it?

I actually have been thinking about ordering a 4.5mm one and asked about the open basket setting. Chris from Moissaniteco said that it raised the stone a bit and they got a lot of feedback that it was uncomfortable when worn. I really wanted it as well, but can see why it would be an issue. I'm still debating on shared vs. u-prong and white gold vs rose!

@vivi11, I also asked Chris and he said the same thing!!! But it doesn't look uncomfortable, and from Mrsgotrocks pics it doesn't look overly high. I kind of wanted to order it and see, but he said since it would be custom it isn't returnable :(

@vivi11, I also asked Chris and he said the same thing!!! But it doesn't look uncomfortable, and from Mrsgotrocks pics it doesn't look overly high. I kind of wanted to order it and see, but he said since it would be custom it isn't returnable :(
That's what I thought too! I was thinking of the u-prong too, but the prongs are bigger and I'm. It sure how I feel about it!

I was also thinking about the TCW. If the 4mm is 4.5 tcw I don't understand how the 4.55mm is ranging from 4.3-4.6 as it says in the description. Maybe I'm doing the math wrong but if it's 15 stones it would be about 5.4 tcw.