Mini Cakes!

Thehehe Leli, it's a pretty pan

Didn't say how many you are making, I bet is 6 at a time [cavity type] I'd def avoid trimming if I could [crumb+time+mess]
Perhaps baking/freezing a week ahead could be a good idea.
MM fondant is cheaper than buttercream, so I'd practice 1/2 batch at a time to get comfy, humidity is not a baker's friend so please don't blame yourself.
Shortcuts: Blend in color before you add sugar, [avoiding extra kneading] also, if you have a Kitchen Aid w/dough hook, it can be done there as long as you grease all parts, great results.
If you are looking for a velvety fondant, use butter vs crisco and surgical gloves to roll/lay. We aren't making fondant this week but we can def use some help! No one gets paid though LOL
Feel free to ask, Lily

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I wish I had a stand mixer. I see all the colors at Macy's and the sale tags, but I'm more focused on paying on my sparkly first

What a wealth of knowledge! I feel like this is such a privilege, haha.

gia87

Connoisseur
That cake is adorable Leli! I should try this easy pour fondant.

I too have been "testing" my baking skills. I just made a 4 tier birthday cake. It was my first time making/using fondant. I can't say that it's the most beautiful cake ever but it's cute. I wish I would have taken a picture before I brought it to my aunts for the party tomorrow. I used apricot preserves to put over the cakes but forgot to strain them before I topped the cake. It didn't make too much of a difference but I could definitely see little bumps under the fondant
I guess I can't complain too much since it was my first time. And I have to say the fondant I made was GROSS! I told my aunt to have people not eat the fondant tomorrow. Maybe it's an acquired taste but it wasn't pleasant. lol.

P.s. Great tips Lily

Oh Leli, stop it
you're right, sparkly fix first!
I love the idea of pour fondant GIA, So MUCH easier, you two are so sweet.....sending some back:

elf925

The Pink Orchid
I dont like traditional red velvet- not enough cocoa for me- I double the amout of cocoa in my mix- now thats a yummy cake!