Mike and MrsMike!!!!!!!

MrsMike_C

The Florentine Diamond
Thank you. It has a little. I'm having a bad day today, but I had a nice full week of not feeling much nausea at all, so I feel like it's getting better.

elf925

The Pink Orchid
I know it's probably already been suggested to you, but just in case.... I found peppermint oil (smelling it) and drinking peppermint tea to be very effective in controlling nausea. Also anything sour, they make sour drops to suck on, or vinegar based like italian dressing.

Hope you feel better!

MrsMike_C

The Florentine Diamond
Thank you so much. I have been sucking on peppermints and sometimes lemons. I think sour candies would be a really good idea, though.

elf925 said:
I know it's probably already been suggested to you, but just in case.... I found peppermint oil (smelling it) and drinking peppermint tea to be very effective in controlling nausea. Also anything sour, they make sour drops to suck on, or vinegar based like italian dressing.

Hope you feel better!
There is research that shows peppermint tea to be very effective for stomach troubles because it relaxes the smooth muscle of the gut. Prior to working in the ICU, I was a surgical nurse and I recommended peppermint tea to all patients experiencing post anaesthetic nausea and gas pains - worked like a charm!

Last edited by a moderator:
mmascall said:
There is research that shows peppermint tea to be very effective for stomach troubles because it relaxes the smooth muscle of the gut. Prior to working in the ICU, I was a surgical nurse and I recommended peppermint tea to all patients experiencing post anaesthetic nausea and gas pains - worked like a charm!
I love it when you talk Nurse-y!!

swk1960 said:
mmascall said:
I love it when you talk Nurse-y!!
LOL

MrsMike_C

The Florentine Diamond
Yes! Baby was born on the 22nd, and we brought her home on Christmas day. I had to have a C section so I was in the hospital a little while longer than normal. She's healthy and perfect and we love her! Her name is Cescily. If anyone is interested in seeing pictures of her, we have a facebook fanpage dedicated to Her and Parker. Parker is our Dachshund who has not left her side since we brought her home. https://www.facebook.com/Parkerandces?ref=hl

Cricketgrrl

BTD Crown Jewel
Oh, happy-happy congrats, MrsMike and MikeC!!! Cescily is beautiful and the photos of her and Parker brought tears to my eyes! Soooo precious!!!

So lovely! Congratulations to the new Mom & Dad! And Parker's faithfulness is also precious.
Thanks for sharing the pictures!