Lynnyte ?????

I think you mean Lannyte.

It is an uncoated cubic zirconia. They are cut by hand, which is the biggest single predictor of quality. Chris CZ seems to have more custom options. Lannyte doesn't seem to have any direct to customer sales. There are people selling them on e-Bay, which are quite likely fakes. They are also waaay more expensive.

I don't have any direct knowledge, but I don't think it's that hard to get standard hand cut CZ right. Quality rough is not expensive unless you're thinking Wal-Mart definitions. 2.30 pounds vs. $769. Or $170--same thing, different site.

image.jpg
I think you mean Lannyte.

It is an uncoated cubic zirconia. They are cut by hand, which is the biggest single predictor of quality. Chris CZ seems to have more custom options. Lannyte doesn't seem to have any direct to customer sales. There are people selling them on e-Bay, which are quite likely fakes. They are also waaay more expensive.

I don't have any direct knowledge, but I don't think it's that hard to get standard hand cut CZ right. Quality rough is not expensive unless you're thinking Wal-Mart definitions. 2.30 pounds vs. $769. Or $170--same thing, different site.

Do you know if the quality of the Chris Stones are cut well enough to place in a diamond setting. Want to create the attached ring

Dana ♥

The Centenary Diamond
in my opinion, i think it depends on which specific cut you're looking at.

i have some ChrisCZs that i think are beautiful, some are set. i also have a few that are just standard CZ and not very impressive. i've got two (of many dozens, i should say) that i think are real duds.

Kim's ring is a honker of an elongated cushion - is that the shape you're wanting?

Lannytes are sold only to jewelers, not to the public. As I said, you can see stones called Lannyte on e-Bay but you should assume they're all fakes. They probably aren't all fakes, but it's not worth finding out.

So if you want that particular ring you will need to find a jeweler to buy you a Lannyte and set it.

Chris CZ you can buy directly from the site, but as far as I can tell they don't have any hand cut cushions in stock, the ones they have in stock might not be highest grade, and special orders are a real pain. On the other hand you can get an off the shelf one for ~$10 and see if you like it. And you can call and ask them what it would take to get the best possible stone.

I looked at some old Lannyte threads and while people are generally happy with them, they are hard to evaluate because the company only sells to jewelers and some people have had bad experiences. There are an awful of sites lying about Lannyte, like the ones claiming it is not CZ and harder than a CZ. That's just a lie--it might conceivably be an especially hard CZ, but it can't be harder than itself. And they are faked a lot--as are Ashas, but you can find the people who make and sell Ashas are lot more easily.

There are other sources of hand cut CZ; I'd take a look at other options.