London days!

Hi everyone!I've been in London with my SIL for a couple days,and we had an amazing time!I LOVE that city.I loved everything about London (maybe minus the food,but I'm a spoiled italian,lol)and I simply can't wait to be back with my husband!I hope to take him next winter,so in the meantime I can teach him a bit of english,lol
anyway,here are a couple of pics!

Last edited by a moderator:

Macy

Connoisseur
Lovely trip! I live in the US and have never been to England. My husband has been to London several times for business trips, and I hope one of these days I and our son can go with him. Hubby just loves it there.

One point - can you tell us what the beautiful stones are and where you saw them?

WOW!! Lucky!!
I have friends and family in England, but I've never been there! Some day I will though... when I have the time and money

Is that the hotel you stayed in?

I love London too. Btw, the first time I visited Natural History Museum I didn't even get to the Minerals section. The museum is soo big that it's impossible to see everything in one visit. We did see the minerals on our last visit to London, and I liked that part of museum a lot. The disappointing thing were the famous diamonds imitations made of glass or something similar. I would have preferred the real rocks there!
Well, you can still see the (real!) royal diamonds collection at the Tower of London. Did you visit it? It was totally stunning!!!

Utah.Rocks said:
I love London too. Btw, the first time I visited Natural History Museum I didn't even get to the Minerals section. The museum is soo big that it's impossible to see everything in one visit. We did see the minerals on our last visit to London, and I liked that part of museum a lot. The disappointing thing were the famous diamonds imitations made of glass or something similar. I would have preferred the real rocks there!
Well, you can still see the (real!) royal diamonds collection at the Tower of London. Did you visit it? It was totally stunning!!!
No,we didn't go,not enough time sadly.Yeah,I suspected the hope at least was a piece og glass because it was just lifeless.The other two I don't know,they looked pretty good.As for the museums,they were way to big,so we just got the map as soon as we got in,stuided it well,and decided wich parts we really wanted to see and wich to skip.We just weren't interested in seeing italian renaissance paintings in London,you know?Or sections that we can see pretty much identical at a Milan museum.

Great pics and you have now made me feel just a teensy, weensy bit homesick!

I am English and lived in London until we moved to Australia. I love it here and will never move back to the UK, but there was just something about your pics that brought the memories flooding back!

Thanks for sharing