How to take pics

Can anyone tell me how to take a good pic? I have my ring and want to share, but my camera won't focus on the ring

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

diamondangel

BTD Crown Jewel
Take a picture from a distance, then crop the picture and enlarge it. Also, since the Ashas are so sparkly, its best to take pics in natural daylight.

Can anyone tell me how to take a good pic? I have my ring and want to share, but my camera won't focus on the ring

Thanks
What kind of camera do you have? How many megapixels?

I have a 3.0megapixel camera. Here is the secret:

Don't zoom in too far.

* Zoom in only about half as much as you think is necessary.
* Half-press the button. This will focus the item.
* If it doesn't focus, zoom out a bit, and pre-focus again.
* Once it focuses, fully press the button.

The trick is that web pictures don't need to be very big, but digital cameras take big pictures.

For example, my camera takes fotos of 2048x1356 pixels (or little dots). A BIG web picture is 800x600. By zooming out, you are including a lot of non-ring. you just "cut out" the ring after you download the picture to your computer. All of the sudden, the image seems to blow up and you get a nice picture!

Am I as clear as mud?

Take a picture from a distance, then crop the picture and enlarge it. Also, since the Ashas are so sparkly, its best to take pics in natural daylight.
No fair! You said the same thing as me, but much much simpler!

MrsE

The Imperial Diamond

Thanks
Oh yeah and if you have a "macro setting" make SURE it's "ON"!!!!!!!!

dragonflyln

The Centenary Diamond
Re: How to take and post pics

yoohoooo
Thanks for the information (even I understood it)
Now can someone PALEEEASE tell me how to get a picture from a web site say for example Leon Mege' to post? I tried the httml thing and I got the basic page and not the actual picture I wanted. I am slowwww.

spynena007

BTD Crown Jewel

You can do this 2 ways. I find that by bringing up the picture and copying the url address from the toolbar you get the most accurate image. you compose your post and hit the IMAGE Icon then you post the url address and you should be able to see the picture directly on your post. The second way is if you bring up the image and rick click and go to properties you will see the URL address highlight right click to copy and just compose your post and follow the steps I gave you it should be a breeze. Hope this helps.

SPY

spynena007

BTD Crown Jewel

You are very welcome 7Heaven. I hope my directions were clear enough for you.

SPY

Just to toss in a little helpful comment, most cameras today have a "macro" mode. In the display or the control panel of the camera, this mode will be represented as a small flower. The idea of this mode is to tell the camera you are focusing on a subject at close distance. If you use this mode, you cant miss. =D

HTH,
Sub

Dana ♥

The Centenary Diamond

i've always particularly liked how my rings look inside my fridge, like when i'm reaching for something. i sometimes get distracted by the sparkle.

and i've been trying for weeks to take a decent picture of *any* of my jewelry with no luck.
my digital camera is an HP Photosmart that's a couple of years old (the M627 just for reference). it takes decent enough regular pictures, but i couldn't get jewelry pics, not with macro or sunlight or a tripod or any other combination of settings or anything that i tried.

until yesterday afternoon!

i decided to try to take a picture inside my fridge. macro with the flash set to ''as needed''.

aha! it worked!

now, i don't normally wear this many, or this combination of rings. i just put on what i had sitting on my desk... a ring i have for sale on the Bistro, a pink and clear DQ eternity band, a QVCUK grey DQ with dark pink side stones, and the pair of rings i have that are cousins (one rose gold with diamonds and garnets, one platinum over silver with clear czs and an imitation tanzanite) just to see what would photograph well and what wouldn't...

please to be ignoring my fat little hand, plskthx.

i'm only sharing this because surely i can't be the only one who hasn't had any luck at all taking good pictures!

Attachments

I have an 8.0megapixel 10 op zoom camera.
1. natural sunlight -check
2. Turn on macro -check
3. smidge of zoom -check
4. 800x600 size -check
5. focus -check
6. crop -check

I wondered when you take a pic from a distance. How much distance is needed from the object?

Lol, oh my gosh Dana, I've known some Phillipino ladies to wear almost that much all at once!
That middle one is gorgeous! I prefer wearing white metals, but the antiquish looking gold, I love. Like this little adjustable ring that has to be 50 years old, I'm willing to bet it's gold filled because the color hasn't faded AT ALL. It's got a great look. I like it over the shiny new gold color.