How to Post Pics Explained Visually

If you're trying to post pictures that are on your computer, you must start in the full reply screen.

Click on File Manager under Post Options and a new window will pop up allowing you to browse for the file on your computer:

Attachments

Next, click browse in the new pop up window, go to your file, open it, then click add it. You should see the file name inserted at the top:

Attachments

You can only add a maximum of 2 files. Once you are finished, click done. Total Files under file manager should show you that a file has been uploaded:

Attachments

<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">[*****quick 2012 note - the forum software currently does this next step, and the rest, automagically. so after adding your images in the above step(s) they should appear in your post!*****]</span>

In order for you to post the picture directly in the reply screen, you will need to go back to the post you just made and click on the link for the file you just uploaded.

Copy the address:

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
If you would like to see your picture directly in the reply screen, you will need to go back to your post and click edit:

Then, click on the button that looks like a sheet of paper with a ball, square and triangle. Paste the link you just copied into the pop up window and press ok:

Attachments

That's the way to post pictures from your computer.

If it's a picture that you found online, you will need to find the link for that picture.

Right click on the picture and click Properties from the list (I use IE6, not sure if it's different on other browsers).

Copy and paste the link for that picture, make sure you copy the whole thing because sometimes it's longer than what you see on the screen:

Attachments

Click on that special button with the shapes I mentioned in my previous post, paste that link and press okay!

Hope that clarifies things about posting our beloved pics!

Feel free to add anything if it's different on some other browsers like firefox, etc.

deb34

Connoisseur
Kareberry said:
In order for you to post the picture directly in the reply screen, you will need to go back to the post you just made and click on the link for the file you just uploaded.

Copy the address:
Can this section be clarified please? I dont'understand this part: "you will need to go back to the post you just made and click on the link for the file you just uploaded". where is the link supposed to be found for an uploaded file? I'm sorry I wish I was more PC literate....

I will try to explain it, I hope KareBerry doesn't mind!

What she is saying is once you have made your reply and uploaded your file, your post will not have a picture yet, just link to your picture at the bottom of your post, like this:

Attachments

Next, you have to go back to your post and click "edit":

Put your cursor where your want your picture to appear in your post and select the "Enter an image" button (the one with the triangle circle and square):**Sometimes you will get a pop up window at the top when you do this, asking about Scripted Windows. Just click on it and select "Temporarily Allow Scripted Windows". Re-select the "Enter an image" button.**

Attachments

Next, the pop-up window will appear where you will enter the http address of your image that you copied earlier. Click "OK":

A line that starts with
with your picture http address inbetween will appear where your cursor was. This is your image entered into your post in computer code.

<span style="font-size: 14pt">Click "Change Post" at the bottom and you are done! Enjoy your pic!

Hope that helps! You will have to repeat this process if you have uploaded another pic to your post.</span>

Attachments