Has anyone done HCG for weigh loss

nabi

The Black Orlov
i don't post much anymore ... just want to say i read your blog and i think it's fantastic - i am simply amazed and so happy for you! *^_^*

diamonds247

The Millenium Star
I think it is great for you losing that weight but I can't help but wonder what will happen after you reach your goal? I wouldn't think it would be safe to stay on this hormone indefinitely right? Just to keep your weight down. KWIM?

You don't stay on it longer than 40-45 days at any given time, and a minimum of 23. That's the beauty of it - there is an end point.

Lost another .6 lbs since yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:

diamonds247

The Millenium Star
So in each of your phases how long are you off it in between? What will happen once you hit your goal weight if weight creeps back up, will you just get on it again for your minimum of 23-45 days?

The Dr. Simeone recommends a 6 week break between round 1 and 2, and a longer break between subsequent rounds to prevent HCG immunity, however in the 40 years since he developed the protocol, the HCG has become manufactured in a very pure form, so immunity isn't a concern. My last two rounds I've finished my phase 3 of the protocol (which is 3 weeks of eating a diet very similar to Atkins - high fat and protein, no sugar, no carbs) and then jumped right back into doing phase 2 again (injections and low cal diet) with no break.

You are supposed to weigh yourself every single morning after the protocol ends, and if you creep up above 2 pounds over your last injection weight, you are supposed to do a correction day, which is basically a protein flush. After a correction day you lose 1-2 pounds, and get back into LIW range.

diamonds247

The Millenium Star
So after getting to your goal weight this correction day/ protein flush is supposed to keep you on track? Every time you go over 2 lbs this will fix it? They don't ask you do process all over again?

wow! i'm intrigued! i was doing very well losing weight until several life situations got in the way, but i'm ready to try again.

read some of your blog and i'm so happy for you! thanks for sharing your story emily, i'm going to look into this a little deeper

diamonds247 said:
So after getting to your goal weight this correction day/ protein flush is supposed to keep you on track? Every time you go over 2 lbs this will fix it? They don't ask you do process all over again?
Pretty much - you have to be self-motivated and don't skip days weighing yourself. You're expected to keep yourself in check and take immediate corrective action if needs be. If you let it get out of control and don't do a correction day, then yeah, you may have to do another round. Dr. Simeone says that you can pretty much eat anything you want after protocol ends, BUT, in moderation, and also advocates for a lower-carb diet (not NO carbs). It's pretty sound advice.

ocMrsB said:
wow! i'm intrigued! i was doing very well losing weight until several life situations got in the way, but i'm ready to try again.

read some of your blog and i'm so happy for you! thanks for sharing your story emily, i'm going to look into this a little deeper
You're welcome! I'm happy to answer any questions. I'm celebrating right now because I put on a sexy size 8 cocktail dress last night! It was only a few weeks ago that it didn't fit.
I'm on a high right now, I can tell you. From 16/18 to a size 8...well, it's amazing. And I'm not done yet.

diamonds247

The Millenium Star
emilybemilyboo said:
Dr. Simeone says that you can pretty much eat anything you want after protocol ends, BUT, in moderation, and also advocates for a lower-carb diet (not NO carbs). It's pretty sound advice.
So you don't feel that just doing what he suggests as far as diet would have yielded the same results? Maybe not as quickly but at a slower pace?

No, because again, you have to burn your good fat off first before burning off the stuff you really want to get rid of. It's essential to stay within that 2 pound range (you should not even LOSE more than 2 pounds below your LIW either) so that your hypothalmus will be regulated to stay there in that range. You have 2 pounds of leeway either way before things get out of wack.

So ladies, I was also intrigued by this and have spent the last few days looking into it.

I just ordered my supplies and will be ready to start within the next couple weeks......

So hopefully I can post with good news as well!

Emily~

Thanks you so much for posting your blog and your personal experience using this program. Has you know when I started this thread, not too many had heard about this.

I am continuing to market this and have interviewed 7 or 8 patients for the Dr.'s that I am marketing this method for.

I have been stunned with the results. I have also spoken to other patients that have been off the injections for several months. The strange thing is, is that all of the patients off the shots have continued to either maintain the weight loss or even lost more weight. Men and women.

One patient did only the injections and no diet, and she lost 27 lbs with no special diet or increase in exercise in about 9 weeks. I am still designing ads for them, and I mention this every advertisement and article I do for them.

Almost all felt great and so far no one has experienced any negative side effects, and all said they felt better in general even before weight loss began.

I am so happy for you and your results. Please keep us posted!!

I will continue to market this, just another service this Dr.'s office has to offer. But seems to really be helping so many people, I can feel good about helping them market it.

I may need to give it a whirl too!

Keep up the great work!

Julie

diamondgirl3660 said:
So ladies, I was also intrigued by this and have spent the last few days looking into it.

I just ordered my supplies and will be ready to start within the next couple weeks......

So hopefully I can post with good news as well!
can't wait to hear all about your success!!
keep us posted plz!

I don't know much about doing the sublingual method, but I believe that you mix it in alcohol, and have to keep it under your tongue for about 5 minutes or longer, and take it multiple times a day. The injections are once a day. They don't hurt, the needles are super tiny (insulin needles) and it's very quick.

ETA - I understand that the sublingual method works just as well as injections.

Yep. My husband and my MIL also did the protocol (each did a short 23 day round and lost about 20 pounds each) and they are very afraid of needles. They had me give them their injections every day.