Hair drama, AGAIN, lol - Any hairstylists here? ;)

I am definitely stopping by there and showing it to her.
You were very helpful through out the process and made me feel better, I was putting all the guilt on myself but honestly, I think was her bad.

I can NOT WAIT for Friday to come, did you check out the link?

Last edited by a moderator:
So I have been out in partial bed rest and can't come to the salon that messed up. I called, sent several pics and was honest with her.
The manager will not refund, not even partial.
I started to get so upset on the phone that I just decided to leave it at that.
What a disappointment! I run a business and if ONE in between thousands of customers tell me they are unhappy I will not hesitate on giving a refund, in full if needed!
She kept saying come in and I'll fix it. Well, even if I could leave the house, I don't want you to fix!!!!!! Urgh
Lesson learned!

Wow.

I'm the same way as you with my business. I've been doing hair for 10yrs. now. I've never been asked for a refund, but if I messed up I certainty would refund with a humble apology. I've had a few clients ask for a little more blonde or a little more lowlights, I do this with a smile and at no extra charge. I keep my clients. Most have been with me for many years and I only build by referral. No walk or call ins.
When you do right by your clients, they are loyal and do right by you!

I hope you feel better, I'm so glad your friend will be here soon!

Thank you, yes, and I was trying to explain that to her, I felt that she was not understanding the point of running a successful business. I would never walk out of there HAPPY and still ask for a refund, the hair was FAR from what I wanted and yes I did leave Friday night passed 7, hungry, on a snowy night and looked "OK". But I immediately contacted the salon the day after.
She did not budge at all or ever consider my special situation. I spent over $200!!!!!!! I really have to let this go, Friday I will get it fixed and will be OK, but still.....

ohhh and I left a bad review (I was actually really nice, the only thing bad was the 1 star I marked) on Yelp and she deleted it. Well NOW I know why it sounded like the best salon ever, the whole SIX reviews were TOP. but how about all the bad ones??? LOL
I feel totally scammed. ya know?

On a MUCH brighter note, I have used the purple shampoo AND conditioner 3x. And WOW,

I notice a HUGE difference!!! Here is a pic of 1st time using shampoo, 2nd and today!

Can you tell the difference? Same lighting, same crappy phone pics. :p

I wish I knew about this shampoo years ago when I had highlights, well, know I know

UPDATE: Hair drama, AGAIN, lol - Any hairstylists here? ;)

OK so I am back!!

My old stylist as had mentioned was in town and helped me out, thank goodness!! She analyzed the hair and we agreed to go half way now as far as how 'light' and the she will be back in town beginning of March so she will retouch, tone and add a few lighter ones to blend in for Summer. The overall look is REALLY pretty. I waited til day light to judge this time LOL

She toned the existent ones and put highlights allover the hair.
So it gave the tri-dimensional look, which now the gold-ish tone does not bug me AS much because I have the butter-y/sandy color ones also

There is a patch RIGHT on the front that would not light up too much, doesn't make or break but she said to continue use the shampoo and next time she will be able to lift that for sure

What I forgot to ask her and maybe you can help me is, since this time she used the existent ones to give the dimensional look, how will she do when we retouch? Or when I have to re-do again, would it be 2-tone highlights? Or high-lowlights? Sorry if I sound ignorant :p

So, what do you think? (crappy phone pics really do not pick all the pretty colors but you get an idea :))

AND, of course, as a reminder, BEFORE LOL

elf925

The Pink Orchid
Re: UPDATE: Hair drama, AGAIN, lol - Any hairstylists here? ;)

It looks really pretty!!

I wish I had the money to maintain highlights. I had them once and really liked the way they looked, until I couldn't afford the upkeep. LOL It just looked tragic!

thank you! I can't believe the difference and how great it looks.

For me highlights cost about the same as covering my grays (I have a LOT, thick, urgh), so I actually might be able to not be so annoyed by the grays showing right away now that is a lot lighter

looks a lot better and like your pinterest page. I thought I remembered you were pregnant with twins right? I haven't been on for so long and postings here now have slowed.

hey, thank you. I absolutely love the highlights now. I have been using the purple shampoo and this was just taken today.

I also used a GREAT hair mask from L'oreal, very affordable, will do once a week.

I am itching to add a few more... but might friend only comes in a few weeks, possibly next week or so.
And then not again until after I have my babies (yes, twins :))

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/260364422181471895/

Oo I love your highlights! I think I know what to do with my hair this summer

Thank you! Go somewhere you trust, look at my saga through the thread LOL

BG, I am so happy your friend was able to fix your hair for you. I love this look and congrats on the babies to be!!!

Gorgeous! (I'm not a creepy stalker, I swear)

I have naturally very dark hair and went with a whole head of highlights too. Mine doesn't quite look that nice, though.

braziliangirl

The Black Orlov

haha, I am not thinking you would be a stalker... LOL

Thank you. Today in day lights is BRIGHT, but I really love it.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/260364422181695228/

More than this would be TOO much, to me is the perfect amount....now bring on the SPRING and SUMMEEEER.
Flipping 17F in Chicago, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

braziliangirl

The Black Orlov

frank said:
Gorgeous! (I'm not a creepy stalker, I swear)

I have naturally very dark hair and went with a whole head of highlights too. Mine doesn't quite look that nice, though.
let's seeeee it