Got my ring today...AG is great, setting-not what i expected

I got my blue AG in the mail today but I was a bit disappointed with the quality of the timeless regal setting I got in Palladium. I've been staring at it all day and I don't think this is normal is it? Anyone's ring turned out this way or did I get a dud? It isn't as bad as the other member's ring with the yellow solder but it really bothers me... anyone tried to return just the setting? How would that work?

More pics here: http://imgur.com/a/qp7iT

I think you should be able to return the ring, but might be subject to a restocking fee. Perhaps you can wait for the updated Timeless Regal II to come out? Less has been working on it. There won't be any soldered parts on the bottom of the shank as it is one solid piece.

MissCassie

The Pink Orchid
Looks like it could have been polished a little smoother, but nothing is going to look perfect magnified to that ginormous size.;)

Having said that, it's a gorgeous ring, if bothers you I would ask to send it back and have them smooth it out a bit, but other than that it looks great.

LOL. It is pretty magnified. It was the only way I could get a clear picture of what I was seeing in person.

Anyway, I think I will contact customer service and see if they can help me with returning just the ring and maybe pick out another setting because the stone IS pretty. Thanks!

I know it is magnified, but if it bothers you, you definitely should have it fixed or be able to return it. I'm a little surprised that they sent it to you looking like that. It looks like it is a beautiful setting style and I hope you are able to get it all worked out so you can wear your beautiful new blue AG.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest, I thought I was just being difficult but when the boyfriend came home and pointed out the flaws without his glasses on and said to return it, that's when I figured it wasn't just me. His band has 9 surprise diamonds inside of a plain outer band and the work looks like perfectly inserted chocolate chips into cookie dough before baking.

I sent customer service a message about returning it so now, it's just waiting.

The stone on the other hand is absolutely gorgeous. The "hype" is well deserved!

Last edited by a moderator:

elf925

The Pink Orchid
I don't think you should be subjected to any restocking fees and they should either fix it, give you your money back or let you pick something else.

No one is perfect but this NOT the quality that BTD is known for. There have been far more ooops moments from BTD than normal lately. I hope BTD quality isn't slipping.

talk-admin

Administrator
Staff member
Lucid115 said:
To be honest, I thought I was just being difficult but when the boyfriend came home and pointed out the flaws without his glasses on and said to return it, that's when I figured it wasn't just me. His band has 9 surprise diamonds inside of a plain outer band and the work looks like perfectly inserted chocolate chips into cookie dough before baking.

I sent customer service a message about returning it so now, it's just waiting.

The stone on the other hand is absolutely gorgeous. The "hype" is well deserved!
Hi Lucid115,
Very sorry about this and definitely lets get it back here and we'll replace with our Seamless Regal or a full refund with no restock fee. The Seamless eliminates the solder joints that have been a problem.

That does not excuse sending out a Regal like this and I've already sent off an email with a link to your photos to our staff to ensure it does not repeat. Thanks for posting the photos btw, it is very helpful feedback.

Glad that you are pleased with the Amora Gem and again, sorry this ring went out like that!

Best regards,
Less

Last edited:

talk-admin

Administrator
Staff member
elf925 said:
I don't think you should be subjected to any restocking fees and they should either fix it, give you your money back or let you pick something else.

No one is perfect but this NOT the quality that BTD is known for. There have been far more ooops moments from BTD than normal lately. I hope BTD quality isn't slipping.
Hi Elf,
There won't be any restock fees and we'll pay for the return label,etc.

Our quality isn't slipping but this is the second Regal in about 3 months that went out with solder joint problems and I am not happy about it.

Our setters have been complaining about how hard it is to join the Regal together and that's why we are moving to the Seamless version, but still no excuse for any Regal to ship like that.

Best regards
Less

Last edited:
Less, first off,thank you for your reassurance and response.I've been in touch with Dana from Customer Service who made me feel so much better about everything and offered various options to recify the situation. I am truly impressed that a company as big as BTD takes onus of every detail as it pertains to customer service and satisfaction.

Also, thanks to the board members for guiding me in the process and not making me feel like a spoiled brat!

talk-admin

Administrator
Staff member
kchrones said:
Hi Less,
When will the seamless regal be available. I am interested in purchasing at end of October when the 1.5c AG are available.
Hi KChrones,
The 8mm is available now, and the 7mm and 7.5mm should be ready next week.

We're just got some of the first 1.5cts back from grading a few minutes ago so these will be available tonight, with more to come.

Hope that helps,
Less

Last edited:
Hi Less! Can we put in an order for an Amora Gem and a timeless regal, and put in the comment section that I am happy to wait for the seamless version? I have been watching not too many gems in the size that I am looking for, and am hoping to jump on one.
Thanks!

talk-admin

Administrator
Staff member
david77123 said:
Hi Less! Can we put in an order for an Amora Gem and a timeless regal, and put in the comment section that I am happy to wait for the seamless version? I have been watching not too many gems in the size that I am looking for, and am hoping to jump on one.
Thanks!
Hi David,
Definitely - just note it in the comments section. We are close to having all the sizes filled out so there should not be too much delay in terms of getting the Seamless version.

Best regards
Less

Last edited:

talk-admin

Administrator
Staff member
Tamara said:
Hi Less, will there be a 3mm version of the Regal at some point?
Hi Tamara,
Yes, we have been planning to add this as an option once we get the Seamless Regal models done for all sizes.

Hopefully that means around November, though if things start flying for holiday orders it may then get pushed back until January.

Hope that helps,
Less

Last edited: