Fun Fact Friday - The robotics in making Protektor backs for Eternity Earrings

talk-admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,
Fun Fact Friday - our Amora Gem Super Ideal Eternity's require the very best in Earring technology.

Thus, we exclusively use the Protektor locking backs for them, in platinum, and this week we take a look at the robotics involved in making them.
While you might not realize it, but the production process is actually quite complex for these small backs..but worth it in terms of the easy on and off, yet ultimate security, they provide for our Eternity Earrings!

Note - our Eternity stud earring sales have exploded, so we are sold out on many sizes but have a lot more in production now!

More info - Amora Universal Priced Eternity Stud Earrings

Best regards,
Less

I've had my Asha princess cut Regal stud earrings with Protektor backs for well over 10 years and they've held up well...the Asha RB center stone of my engagement ring, not so much. Were the Protektors not referred to as La Pousette, at one point? Truly intrigued with the Amora gem, though. I'm now considering the Amora Eternity studs...waiting for them to restock. Enjoyed the video. Thanks.

talk-admin

Administrator
Staff member
I've had my Asha princess cut Regal stud earrings with Protektor backs for well over 10 years and they've held up well...the Asha RB center stone of my engagement ring, not so much. Were the Protektors not referred to as La Pousette, at one point? Truly intrigued with the Amora gem, though. I'm now considering the Amora Eternity studs...waiting for them to restock. Enjoyed the video. Thanks.
Hi Lapisphere,
Glad you enjoyed the video! Yes you are correct, they were also sold as La Pousette a while back but same exact thing. Sorry to hear about the Asha center RB - maybe consider upgrading to Amora or Takara in the future?
Re: Amora Eternity studs - have four pairs in setting right now (1ct each ear).
We also have our Takara H&A lab diamond Eternity's coming out as well - should have some matched pairs soon for studs though they will only be .50ct - .75ct for now...so for larger (1ct+), go Amora, smaller can go with either.
Hope you are doing well,
Less

Hi Less,
I'm well, thank you. It's amazing to see how far BTD has come, in terms of innovation and technology. Kudos!
Although I'm awaiting the restock of the 1 ctw Amora studs, I'm now considering the 1.60 ctw studs, as I currently own a pair of 1ctw natural diamond studs. The Takara H&A labs...can't wait to see how they turn out. As for upgrading my engagement ring, I'm drawn to the Amora emerald cut. I see that the sizes on offer are larger than two carats. I'd be interested in stones between 1.5 to 2 cts. Any chance for production of these smaller-sized stones?

Melisa

Anxiously awaiting the Amora restock. Any idea what day that will hit? I’m continually refreshing my email for the stock notification! ;)

talk-admin

Administrator
Staff member
Anxiously awaiting the Amora restock. Any idea what day that will hit? I’m continually refreshing my email for the stock notification! ;)
Hi Paiger8,
The grading lab will need until next week to finish. They did finish 5 of them today and these were just uploaded for sale a few minutes ago if any are of interest:
Amora Eternity H&A, 0.48ct 5.03mm-5.05mm X 3.07mm E INTERNALLY FLAWLESS $312.31 cert 9002115
Amora Eternity H&A, 0.50ct 5.03mm-5.06mm X 3.15mm D INTERNALLY FLAWLESS $$335.32 cert 9002114
Amora Eternity H&A, 1.40ct 7.17mm-7.20mm X 4.43mm F SI1 $560.90 cert 9002111
Amora Eternity H&A, 2.04ct 8.13mm-8.16mm X 5.04mm E INTERNALLY FLAWLESS $1327.31 cert 9002113
Amora Eternity H&A, 2.45ct 8.56mm-8.61mm X 5.32mm E VS2 $1287.82 cert 9002112

Lots of high color and clarity in this set of Amora's! More coming - 25 more by Tuesday.
Best regards,
Less

talk-admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Less,
I'm well, thank you. It's amazing to see how far BTD has come, in terms of innovation and technology. Kudos!
Although I'm awaiting the restock of the 1 ctw Amora studs, I'm now considering the 1.60 ctw studs, as I currently own a pair of 1ctw natural diamond studs. The Takara H&A labs...can't wait to see how they turn out. As for upgrading my engagement ring, I'm drawn to the Amora emerald cut. I see that the sizes on offer are larger than two carats. I'd be interested in stones between 1.5 to 2 cts. Any chance for production of these smaller-sized stones?

Melisa
Hi Melisa,
Just got the initial Takara results - E/IF for the first one! (though .46ct size), .68ct E/SI1 and AGS-0 for the second one. I'll post details in the lab diamond forum.

Re: smaller fancy cuts for Amora - unfortunately, we're only cutting Eternity H&A for the Amora's now. All the fancy cut Amora's have been discontinued...much slower to sell vs Eternity H&A and can't afford to tie up that much money in slow moving inventory vs fast moving.

Re: 1.60ctw Amora studs - I would grab them if interested. We have no more rough for 6mm Amora Eternity at this point and almost all future Eternity production will be 1.50ct - 3.00ct. The smaller sizes are not profitable at current pricing so we're only focusing on 1.25ct+ Eternity (though we still have some .50ct rough) and will let Takara fill in for the smaller sizes.

Hope that helps!
Less