Favorites perfumes?

I'm still on Chanel no. 19 and Iris Silver Mist(Lutens) for the most part, but I recently tried Alliage(Lauder) and I really like it! One colder days, I crave heavier scents like Opium(YSL), Cinnabar(Lauder), vintage Samsara(Guerlain), Jil Sander Woman 2 or Madini's Ambergris.

I've also been experimenting with making my own fragrances with essential oils/absolutes, some synth skin-safe(in dilution) fragrance oils and perfumer's alcohol or vodka.

Yes, I'm truly fragrance obsessed! lolz

kaylaG said:
I've also been experimenting with making my own fragrances with essential oils/absolutes, some synth skin-safe(in dilution) fragrance oils and perfumer's alcohol or vodka.

Yes, I'm truly fragrance obsessed! lolz
that sounds really cool. Are you finding some combinations you like?

Last edited by a moderator:
joules1969 said:
I was Told once that men like the sweet vanilla base as it reminds them of mum baking when they were young..... I get the most compliments from Angel (from men and women)
I've heard that too. Even if Mom didn't bake, vanilla is just so homey and comforting and delicious that I think men associate it with femininity. I heard that vanilla based fragrances are the customers most favorite ones when worn by strippers at topless bars. Hmmm.

OMG I bought Thierry Mugler Alien today and I am IN LOVE! This is the only perfume I have found that rivals my love of Hypnotic Poison (but HP is still my holy grail). It's absolutely amazing, and while I tend to shy away from floral scents I do love the woody, peppery jasmine haze of this perfume!

I love Ici and a perfume that as far as I know can only be purchased in the Bahamas, Goombay. I also love Javan musk. Lately I've been wearing Cinnabar by Estee Lauder, I love it. My husband, when he wears cologne, goes old school and wears either Stetson, English Leather or Old Spice, all smell great on him!

White Linen by Estee Lauder...just makes me feel special. And Happy by Clinique. I find Samsara is that one perfume that I always get comments on too.

CherokeeGirl said:
I miss White Linen...is it the same as years past (so many have been reformulated)?
I'm in Australia, and it smells the same as it did twenty years ago.

I love Jo Malone Blackberry & Bay,it has a warm & seductive fragrance,& when I wear it,people always ask what I'm wearing
My signature fragrance is Burberry Original......Devine

It's spring so I'm starting to wear Serge Lutens--Fleur D'oranger. It's so lovely and citrusy and fresh smelling. Great for the summer. I get so many compliments when I wear it.

After being so over Chanel I just bought the new ''Chance''. There are two new versions. One is very green and the other is light floral. I chose the floral. Interestingly there does not seem to be a top note per say. The sent is light, young and clean and not as strong or artificial (IMHO) as the other Chanel perfumes. It is what I have been wearing for weeks.

I used to be obsessed with perfume. Some of the ones I love and own:
Blanc by Paul & Joe
L'Eau D'Hiver by Frederic Malle (I think I wear this the most)
Wild Pansy by CB I Hate Perfume
La Chasse Aux Papillons by L'Artisan Parfumeur
Passant by Frederic Malle
Apres l'Ondee by Guerlain
White Amber by the Gap
Jardins De Kerylos by Parfumerie Generale

Pure Poison by Dior, coco by Chanel, Alien by Thierry Muggler... certain brands use more oil in their perfumes so those tend to stay on longer, especially on hair

Depending on season I rotate between:
Stella McCartney
Bvlgari Blv Notte pour femme
Egyptian Musk

My ironworker hubby isn't a big scent guy. The only cologne he wears is Burberry Touch... because I bought it for him. He doesn't wear it unless we go out but he likes the reaction he gets when he does lol! Love that stuff.

I'm currently hooked on Calvin Klein's Euphoria for Women. And my husband now wears Calvin Klein's Euphoria for Men. Yummy...