Favorite Drinks of the BTD Ladies

WTNLVR

Connoisseur
Re: Here's a drink to summer!

OOH they all sound good! It's starting to feel like fall here in New England though, so a nice glass of ruby port hits the ticket

Last edited by a moderator:

nabi

The Black Orlov

haha, the only time i have port wine is at church (communion)

i like chardonnay ... *^_^* ... any good recommendations? (i guess wine choice is totally individual ... oh by the way - not pairing it with food ... just the wine *^_^*)

diamondangel

BTD Crown Jewel

Mmmm, I haven't had a good port in over a decade now! The last one was Warre's 1966 port. Definitely worth the $$$!

Hmmm, red wine and beer are my staples.

Right now, I know it ain't classy sounding, but Bud Light with LIME is AMAZING! Super light and refreshing! Just TRY it. Close 2nd is Rickard's White (brewed with orange peel and coriander) - yum!

As for wine, Arabella from South Africa is delish, and amazingly affordable if you can find it. One of the best merlots I have ever tasted: ''Tasting Notes: Succulent flavours of ripe plum and blackcurrant, enhanced by hints of coffee and chocolate. Soft tannins lend a firm structure and a long soft finish.''. I completely recommend it.

Second choice is an organic wine by Cono Sur, their Cabernet Sauvignon blends are very yummy.

Third is Yellow Tail from Austrailia, their Shiraz (and Reisling for a white) is pretty good. Actually, I really like their Reisling, and I'm not even overly fond of Reisling. (even better than Moselland ARS VITIS Riesling)...

These are all around 13CAD, and rival much higher priced wines. But you HAVE to try the Arabella, and let me know what you think. And for that matter the Bud with LIME!

milk said:
...Just be careful not to keep it for too long, though. I know nothing about wine, and I was ''saving'' one bottle of this stuff for so long it turned. Apparently, white wine doesn't keep forever, but probably most people know that except me...
Neither does ice wine!

I've really been wanting to try the budlight with lime - trying to cut back on beer since I'm on the weight watchers routine...well, sort of. My drink of choice has been vodka and diet 7 up - boring but refreshing.

MrsGotRocks

The Imperial Diamond
I love the Budlight w/ lime. It's refreshing. My gf just introduced it one Fri night when I went to pick up my son from her house.

Tonight at my monthly Bunco game, the hostess had Bourbon slushies - wow, they were awesome! Have to get the recipe.

elf925

The Pink Orchid
Anything from Godiva I have to second for obvious reasons!!! I love the Square Cow Cooler from Black Angus. It is Malibu, pineapple juice and cranberry juice all shaken up!

kimicarol

The Centenary Diamond
Homemade Margarita from scratch (no sugar or mixers) just the basic ingredients (anejo tequila of your choice, small amount of orange liquor -like Cointreau (never use triple sec in an expensive margarita), a tiny amount of Gran Marnier floating on the top and fresh squeezed limes with a small amount of lemon (amount depends on taste) on the rocks of course - no blending for good tequila!!!! If you like a frozen margarita, then substitute the anejo tequila with a resposado tequila and save yourself some money.

This will taste like a top shelf margarita made at an expensive restraurant (actually better IMO) and at a fraction of the cost!!!!

sparklee

The Millenium Star
Casey said:
Homemade Margarita from scratch (no sugar or mixers) just the basic ingredients (anejo tequila of your choice, small amount of orange liquor -like Cointreau (never use triple sec in an expensive margarita), a tiny amount of Gran Marnier floating on the top and fresh squeezed limes with a small amount of lemon (amount depends on taste) on the rocks of course - no blending for good tequila!!!! If you like a frozen margarita, then substitute the anejo tequila with a resposado tequila and save yourself some money.

This will taste like a top shelf margarita made at an expensive restraurant (actually better IMO) and at a fraction of the cost!!!!

I'll vouch for that! *hic*

my favorite drink of all time is a frozen melon magarita from my favorite mexican restaurant! ahhhhhh-frozen margarita heaven;9 watch out-it will give you a brain freeze!

Ok, havent tried this yet but was told about it this week from a buddy at work.

Blueberry Vodka & Amaretto shaken= supposed to taste like Blueberry Muffins

Casey said:

mmmmmm! sounds perfect!!!!

WARNING: no alcohol

For 3 days I have been trying to perfect an Iced Coffee drink for my husband. I looked online and most use instant coffee, and I only had the old style. DH was my taste tester since coffee gives me horrible heartburn, and I think he's ready to climb the walls. If you all wanna share a delectable iced coffee recipe I'd love to test it on him! You can substitute any flavor, I bet the chocolate truffle would be TDF!!

2 cups=4tbsp. Maxwell House Hazelnut Coffee (or any flavor)
3 tbsp. Chocolate Syrup
3 tbsp. Splenda
1 International Delight Hazelnut Creamer (or any flavor)
20 Ice Cubes (more or less depending on how strong you like it)

Brew 2 cups worth of coffee, but make it DOUBLE STRONG. Like if you making 2 cups=4tbsp.; 4 cups=8tbsp.

Chill coffee, freezer or fridge.

Blend ingredients in mixer.