Fast and Easy Flour Fajitas- Tortillas

Hi Ladies,

I love a warm soft Fajita or Tortilla and these are easy to make.
For 6 to 8 Fajitas:

2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 teaspoons olive or cooking oil
3/4 cup milk

Add the dry ingrediants then the oil and milk. Lightly knead the dough- but don't over work it.

I use my counter top to roll out the dough. Lightly flour you rolling surface and lightly flour your rolling pin.

Roll them out thin. This can take some practice. If you aren't too good at it then put some more flour down on the rolling surface to help prevent sticking.

Use a Teflon or Cast Iron Pan that is Hot. Use the Pan dry- NO OIL.
Place Fajita on Hot Pan. It will blister and takes only about 30 seconds. The underside of the blistered Fajita should be slightly brown. Slide Fajita onto a plate. Viola!!!

I usually place refried vegetarian beans with cheddar cheese. Then top with a mixture of lightly sauteed fresh corn, peppers, onions and a tomatoes cut up with the skin removed. A little Hot sauce gives it some spice.

For a neat surprise filling I take sliced apples with raisins and cinnamon sugar and heat the filling in the microwave. I add a touch of butter. Let this cook for about 3 minutes and place it in the Fajita. I was thinking a little cream cheese in there might be nice too.

Lisa

simgirl

Connoisseur
Interesting, I have never heard of putting milk in tortillas before.
back home (texas) my grandmother taught me how to make tortillas growing up. it was flour, water, baking powder, and shortning.

I wonder if milk adds a little somthing extra to them??

Oh yeah, just brought back some good memories, many years ago we traveled w/some friends to Baja, they make them with milk, flour and butter, they puff like balloons and DO melt in your mouth, I bet is the milk........................thanks for posting A!

RooGirl

BTD Crown Jewel
OH Alex!!!! MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!

I love love love fajitas!!!! I'm so going to give this a try!!! Thanks for the recipe!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Alexgem7777 said:
I usually place refried vegetarian beans with cheddar cheese. Then top with a mixture of lightly sauteed fresh corn, peppers, onions and a tomatoes cut up with the skin removed. A little Hot sauce gives it some spice.

Thank you for sharing. I'll definitely try these.

simgirl

Connoisseur
mmm milk and butter eh?? will have to try! and then go join the fitness help needed thread....

simgirl

Connoisseur
i just purchased some lard and have heard tortillas made with lard are just amazing, i'm going to try some tonight I think.. with milk...