error messages

jcent

BTD Crown Jewel
Is anyone else getting these? I get this a lot...

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 2359296) (tried to allocate 311296 bytes) in /home/better/public_html/discussion/scripts/postlist.inc.php on line 541

When I've got them I thought it may be because a btd mod was doing something on the thread like editing or something along those lines at that exact moment, so the thread was unaccessible while that was in progress.

I have absolutely no idea how valid that explanation is, but in my mind it works for me and then I don't get frustrated that something weird is going on with my computer! Then magically the problem seems to have gone away a short while later and all is right again in my btd online world.

Last edited by a moderator:

talk-admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,
These error messages are from the server having trouble allocating memory to serve up your requested pageview.

Basically, I think we've about maxed out our server.

I did a reboot which should help alleviate this for a bit, but I think we're going to have to move to a more powerful server in the near future.

Please post if the issue continues in the interim.

Best regards
Less

I almost hats to suggest it but what about removing non essential (coffee shop, food, health, etc) posts that have been inactive for a year or more. Basically leaving only current posts or ongoing topics in these catagories. Just a thought ~Red

Dana ♥

The Centenary Diamond
i dunno, i'd think leaving the posts/threads as they can't use that much memory... i'd be more included to suggest deleting uploaded pictures from threads, etc, that haven't been accessed in X years.

Dana ♥

The Centenary Diamond
RedRocks said:
Dana that probably makes more sense. I forget how much space pictures take~ Red
i just had it on my mind 'cuz i just deleted a bunch of pictures and was kinda astonished at how much space it cleared up

Received several, fatal error: out of memory, messages this evening while trying to access the forum board. It seemingly happens frequently on picture heavy topics.

Cricketgrrl

BTD Crown Jewel
I've only just experienced the dreaded allocation problem in the past couple days.
It was a persistent problem that kept occuring over the course of the day. I wasn't acessing any image-heavy threads, I was attempting to access the main board with the list of forums. It continues to occur sporadically.

Hi there, it could be the malware clogging up the system too - once that's cleared up see if the same problem keeps happening. If so you'll need to delete old pics etc, but clearing that away first might be enough!