EC Moissantie, new rough, small sizes!!!

Hadley

Connoisseur
I AM GIDDY!!!

I believe I'm the first person to get my hands on the new emerald cut Moissanite from C&C. *Finally* they have come through with step cutting their new rough, and cutting them at reasonable sizes instead of only honkin' size.

Thanks to the lovely Poppyseed (our board rep for Amcor), today I received stones in three different sizes: 6x8, 4x6, and 3x5.

They are somethin' fine!
I really love them.

The color is just as good as my Amora enhanced Moissanites, and there is none of the funky "bad" yellow or green that has always haunted fancy cut Moissy in the past. They are white-white in the sun and indoors, and a warm white in the shade. There wasn't a cloud in the sky today, so I don't know yet how they behave in overcast weather (always the biggest test for Moissanite).

Here are a load of photos for your enjoyment, and next I will try to figure out how to upload a video here. I have two that do a good job of showing the color, depth, and sparkle.

But for now, let's roll with some still shots.............

Icy goodness in the sun.

Warm goodness in the shade.

5x3 -- 6x4 -- 8x6 -- 6x4 -- 5x3

Perspective shots for size and color comparisons.
6x8 EC, unenhanced Moissanite
7.5 RB, Amora enhanced Moissanite
7.5 RB, unenhanced Moissanite
7.5mm cushion, Amora enhanced Moissanite

I was planning on a three stone and got two different sizes for sides. I much prefer the 4x6 over the 3x5.

But dang, now that I have them all, I don't want to return any and I want a five stone instead!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hadley

Connoisseur
Here are two videos -- I hope!

First is one that moves from sun to shade.

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b516...zpsh6n8yyuq.mp4

And one that shows the sparkle in the sun.

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b516...zps8u210vnd.mp4

Well, I surely don't know how to embed a video here. But at least the links to my Photobucket work, so let's call that victory enough, shall we?

Sadly, Photobucket has dumbed down the quality of my HD videos. Sorry I'm not more tech savvy and can't improve on these. I hope they're helpful, none the less.

Very pretty. We have received very positive feedback from all of our customers too

"I believe I'm the first person to get my hands on the new emerald cut Moissanite from C&C."

Our company has been selling them since June.

elf925

The Pink Orchid
Mike_C said:
Very pretty. We have received very positive feedback from all of our customers too

"I believe I'm the first person to get my hands on the new emerald cut Moissanite from C&C."

I think she meant the small size ones!

Hadley

Connoisseur
Mike_C said:
elf925 said:
I think she meant the small size ones!
Yes, I meant the small ones. So far there have only been honkin' sizes of 9x7 and up, or cut skinny rather than calibrated to the the typical EC ratio.

And I also meant the new rough. You guys have had the Forever Brilliant, right? The new rough is really beautiful without any enhancement. I'm pleasantly surprised.

Canary, I am also anxious to see what happens in overcast skies. We are in a long stretch of beautiful fall sunshine and it's going to be a while before I figure this out. I'm hoping we'll get rain while I'm still in my return window, just in case there's a bad surprise lurking behind the clouds. I'm not expecting that with the new rough, but I've known Moissanite for so long that I realize it's a possibility.

"So far there have only been honkin' sizes of 9x7 and up"

Yes, very true. The original "prototype" stones were huge

"You guys have had the Forever Brilliant, right?"

C&C stopped enhancing Moissanite via Serenity around the beginning of the summer of last year. Therefore yes all of the FB's we sell are from the new rough.

I am really wanting them to do asschers. Hopefully the emerald cuts are successful enough that they will consider it.

100 percent agree with you on an Asscher cut!

And thanks for the note Hadley, while I never wish for rain, in this case, c'mon cloudy day!!! How does it look in the car? Sometimes I find that mimics, but even diamonds look like crap in a car, so everyone, rain dance time!

Mike, do you guys have these smaller sizes yet? I absolutely adore my 9x7 (originally from you) and I'm thinking 5-6 of the 5x3 stones set E/W would make a nice wedding ring!

so the 5x3 are the smallest these come in? I really want an eternity band, although I have been dreaming about a big, beautiful solitaires too...

HeatherE said:
Mike, do you guys have these smaller sizes yet? I absolutely adore my 9x7 (originally from you) and I'm thinking 5-6 of the 5x3 stones set E/W would make a nice wedding ring!
Yes, they are listed on our website in the FB Moissanite section

ITD said:
so the 5x3 are the smallest these come in? I really want an eternity band, although I have been dreaming about a big, beautiful solitaires too...
4x2mm are the smallest

Yay, yay, yay! They look so gorgeous. It's exciting to know that I have a good option if the Amora Krupps don't pan out for a while - I was thinking a 5-stone with traps and bullets, but you've got me considering a 3 stone with all emerald cuts!

I know you will, but keep us updated on your project!