Does this board and BTD site keep crashing for anyone else?

talk-admin

Administrator
Staff member
mmascall said:
It's happening again, yesterday and today it keeps crashing.
Our server monitor is not reporting any issues, so can you elaborate on what error message you are getting?

i.e. is it '404 - not found' or ?

Our site is now located in 23 data centers around the world as of earlier this week to speed up delivery globally, so perhaps there is some delivery issue specific to where you are...but again, the more info, the better so we can address it

Thanks!
Less

Last edited:
I am using firefox, and well, I'm like 30 minutes from you less... It was an error message I've never seen before. I'll take a screen shot if it happens again.

Last edited by a moderator:

talk-admin

Administrator
Staff member
MissKK said:
I am using firefox, and well, I'm like 30 minutes from you less... It was an error message I've never seen before. I'll take a screen shot if it happens again.
Screenshot or just more details will be a big help.

It's possible there are still some hiccups from the transition to this global setup, but overall things have been extremely smooth and fast after the move earlier this week.

I'll provide more details on the new global setup in next Friday's blog.

Best regards
Less

Last edited:
MissKK said:
+1

elf925

The Pink Orchid
I got two errors. One said something like server not found and the other one I think said something about domain.

I had not seen either of the screens before either.

This is the error message I keep getting, also, just to clarify, I am using Google chrome.

No cached version is available
What's wrong?
The most likely causes:
The server is down for maintenance

There may be a network problem
The site may be experiencing excessive load
Retry for a live version of the site
What's CloudFlare?
This website uses CloudFlare in order to help keep it online when the server is down by serving cached copies of pages when they are unavailable. Unfortunately, a cached copy of the page you requested is not available, but you may be able to reach other cached pages on the site.

I just received the same message for about 10 min when I tried to log on. Oh and for the record im at work (shame shame) and using IE...at home I use google chrome. It also said that i could see a "snapshot" of the page because a live version was not available but I would be switched to a live version when it came online...however if you tired to link to another page from the "snapshot" then you couldn't do anything...just got the error.

I use safari...

What's wrong?
The most likely causes:
What's CloudFlare?
This website uses CloudFlare in order to help keep it online when the server is down by serving cached copies of pages when they are unavailable. Unfortunately, a cached copy of the page you requested is not available, but you may be able to reach other cached pages on the site.

It's happened about 5 times in the last hour....This past 10 mins is the longest i've been able to stay with the bistro!

babyangelbling said:
I use safari...

What's wrong?
The most likely causes:
What's CloudFlare?

It's happened about 5 times in the last hour....This past 10 mins is the longest i've been able to stay with the bistro!
Exactly the same error message I posted yesterday

yep...I use CHROME - oh, also ...for a period of time if I clicked on categories - Rings, for instance - I would get no listings...this was consistent for any category that I chose. And, if I try to click on additional photos in a listing in the hope it moves to the larger top box...the top box shrinks and is empty...the only way to view other photos is if I enlarge the original box...and let the slide show proceed.

babyangelbling said:
I use safari...

What's wrong?
The most likely causes:
What's CloudFlare?

Yep, I use Safari too. I just got this message for the first time @ 9:22PM EDT.

babyangelbling said:
I use safari...

What's wrong?
The most likely causes:
What's CloudFlare?

I got this again today in firefox and safari.

talk-admin

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the error reports with details - that helps 1000x more than just posting "I got an error"

We've been able to start seeing the errors now with that but still don't have an obvious cause at this point. It's basically an issue with the new front end servers synching with the backend ones but it is only happening at random (i.e. not the same file requests or from the same external servers, etc).

Anyway, thanks for the info as that greatly helps. We'll hopefully have it fixed shortly.

Best regards
Less

Last edited:

RooGirl

BTD Crown Jewel
Not loading properly

None of the threads are showing the post and the pages aren't fully loading... refreshing isn't helping any either... I don't know if anyone else is having this problem or not...