Does this board and BTD site keep crashing for anyone else?

talk-admin

Administrator
Staff member
Mamato3blessings said:
Still doing it, Less. It's happened to be 5 times since you posted last and I've only been on here for a little bit in spurts.

Whoever it is doing this clearly has too much time on their hands lol.
See if it continues now- I upped the memory limits which were likely set too low for the boards.

The error you are getting is not from the bots at this point

Thanks
Less

Last edited:
G

AdaBeta27 said:
lessw said:
We've been under a massive hacking effort by someone using a zombie net....really wonder who would expend this amount of effort to take out the boards.
Pricescope? DiamondNexus? LOL! I'm just kidding!
I was thinking Debeers or C&C.
Hopefully just a random attack!

Last edited by a moderator:
QUESTION FOR LESS

Hey Less, question.....

It all seems fine now, but this morning when I would click on anything, the bottom left corner that flashes the web address (i.e. "waiting for, or transferring from betterthandiamond") actually said waiting for or transferring from snipershide.com?

It happened multiple times this morning in different threads. Anything to be concerned about?

Re: QUESTION FOR LESS

This is the first I've been able to get on today. Even 10 min ago pages were not loading. Earlier it was the 'site down for maintenance' message.

talk-admin

Administrator
Staff member

morning glory said:
This is the first I've been able to get on today. Even 10 min ago pages were not loading. Earlier it was the 'site down for maintenance' message.
This is due to your DNS not rolling over so you were actually going to our old server. (if you see the down for maintenance, its the old site which was left locked so no one would accidentally post there).

Everyone won't see the 'new' site until 4:30PM PST today as all the internet name servers will all switch by then to pointing to our new server.

Hope that helps,
Less

Last edited:

talk-admin

Administrator
Staff member

diamondgirl3660 said:
Hey Less, question.....

It all seems fine now, but this morning when I would click on anything, the bottom left corner that flashes the web address (i.e. "waiting for, or transferring from betterthandiamond") actually said waiting for or transferring from snipershide.com?

It happened multiple times this morning in different threads. Anything to be concerned about?
We have a securi scanner checking our site constantly to verify the boards are clean and nothing detected at this point...so this snipershide issue is more likely something resident on your own computer would be my guess.

You might want to download and run PrevX on your computer to see whats there. Most of the scamware will sit on your computer and intercept your browsing so that may be what is going on.

Hope that helps,
Less

Last edited:
I just saw the other post you made explaining. Thanks Less. Sorry your site got attacked. May the culprit be inflicted with itchy, smelly and difficult to eradicate fungus in his/her under-drawers.

lessw said:
diamondgirl3660 said:
Hey Less, question.....

We have a securi scanner checking our site constantly to verify the boards are clean and nothing detected at this point...so this snipershide issue is more likely something resident on your own computer would be my guess.

You might want to download and run PrevX on your computer to see whats there. Most of the scamware will sit on your computer and intercept your browsing so that may be what is going on.

Hope that helps,
Less
Thanks for your reply Less. I just downloaded and scanned with PrevX and it found 0 bad files? I don't know what it was, but at least I don't see it anymore.

diamondgirl3660 said:
Hey Less, question.....

YES!! That is what I was referring to "snipershide"! I see that too on some slow-loading threads. It definitely isn't something from my pc either.

The server might be under attack by the same competitors ... err... I mean hackers. Really stinks for Less and BTD. I am certain if that is the case they are working on it now.