Does this board and BTD site keep crashing for anyone else?

A handful of times a week it will go down and have some error message about fatal error. I will wait a bit and then refresh and it will work. It can last from a few seconds to a couple hours.

I get the fatal error message too when I use my dropdown menu but if I go and do a google search and get on from there I can get on fine.It is very strange...

talk-admin

Administrator
Staff member
We've been under a massive hacking effort by someone using a zombie net....really wonder who would expend this amount of effort to take out the boards.

Anyway, working on new defenses and hopefully the site will be able to stay up soon, but it's not at all a technical issue, rather a sustained and well coordinated attack designed to offline the BTD server.

Less

Cricketgrrl

BTD Crown Jewel
lessw said:
We've been under a massive hacking effort by someone using a zombie net....really wonder who would expend this amount of effort to take out the boards.

Anyway, working on new defenses and hopefully the site will be able to stay up soon, but it's not at all a technical issue, rather a sustained and well coordinated attack designed to offline the BTD server.

Less
That's wild! Is there a way to ID the perps?

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed on one thread in particular, it took a really long time to load the thread - even though others were loading rather quickly and at the bottom left of the screen where it tells you where the information is coming in from, some of it was BTD and some of it was from another weird site that had nothing to do with jewelry. This was a week or two ago. I THINK it was the platinaire thread.

lessw said:
Pricescope? DiamondNexus? LOL! I'm just kidding!

Last edited by a moderator:

talk-admin

Administrator
Staff member
Mamato3blessings said:
Less, it's still happening. Got this a few minutes ago, though it only lasted 10 minutes this time...

Thanks - the most aggressive of all the bots made hopefully a final last attack tonight. We unleashed our new defenses on it and the sites are all back to normal now...hopefully that is the last of them.

Less

Last edited:
Still doing it, Less. It's happened to be 5 times since you posted last and I've only been on here for a little bit in spurts.

Whoever it is doing this clearly has too much time on their hands lol.