Dimensions of the Krupp

Anybody happen to know the dimensions of the Krupp diamond [I'm about to estimate them based on the weight, a photo, and the ideal depth%]?

How about its color?

Thanks,

BD

Nevermind on the dimensions. I figured it out. It is about 20x17x11mm's [round numbers - gives you about 33 carats]. Now I just need to know the color.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anozira

The Florentine Diamond
My Liz Taylor book states the Krupp weighs approx. 33.19 carats. Here's the kicker...Ricard Burton bought it for $305,000 in 1968. Can you imagine what that thing is worth today?

My Liz Taylor book states the Krupp weighs approx. 33.19 carats. Here's the kicker...Ricard Burton bought it for $305,000 in 1968. Can you imagine what that thing is worth today?
I just looked at my constant dollar chart [yes, I know: nerd, nerd, nerd - it is taped to a kitchen cabinet - yes, I am cowering!!!!].

In any case, the factor is 5.681 for 1968 dollars to 2005 dollars [sorry, don't have the 2006 figures!]. So . . . $305,000 in 1968 is worth $1.733 million in 2005 figures.

The question is: What will it fetch at auction next time? Hmmmm. We will have to track it!

Teri

Connoisseur
UGH!! I can not find that?? Every where you look it tells what color the Taylor-Burton diamond is. It is a D, I-F.

look at my avatar it IS the krupp
That is what I was going to do with my ASHA asscher before I had to put it on the MGR!!

Anozira

The Florentine Diamond
Not sure of the color Roo. The book gives all kinds of details on her pieces, including the Krupp but not the color! Shall I phone Wacko Jacko in Dubai to get Liz's phone number and ask her?

RooGirl

BTD Crown Jewel
Not sure of the color Roo. The book gives all kinds of details on her pieces, including the Krupp but not the color! Shall I phone Wacko Jacko in Dubai to get Liz's phone number and ask her?

OOOHHHHH LOL!!!!! would I love to here that conversation!!!!

wow! that woman sure has some jewelry collection! I would never have sold that baby! I think she sold it right? Amazing! And she has that wonderful pearl that once belonged to Queen Mary of England, and a huge pear diamond...and ....and...sigh!

Anozira

The Florentine Diamond
Sapphire she didn't sell the Krupp! She said in an interview that she still wears it everyday. The honker she did sell was the Taylor-Burton diamond pear. OMG that thing was amazing